What do you think about....

For those of us that show or want to show our dogs.

Postby BIGDOG2594 » October 18th, 2007, 2:19 pm

What are the thoughts of the collective mind about this situation?

A judge who openly states that allowing a Junior to show and APBT is careless and on a power trip? Who goes on to belittle the junior with her present? Who then goes on to state that the breed is unstable and will snap and attack without warning?
Now remember this is in a public place where non-dog-show people are gathering. The statements were easily loud enough for all to hear.
Who states that an APBT getting the taste of blood gets them "going"? Who says no bait in the ring they judge in because the dog will attack them as the dog will feel that they are trying to steal its' food?

What does this say to you? How does it make you feel? What does this say about this judges judging ability when they don't even know what is correct for an APBT's temperament? What does this say about the breed, if a one who judges them spreads urban legends and has no tact with exhibitors or children? What does it say when a judge licensed to judge a specific breed destroys that breed to the general public, feed stereotypes?

What do you all think? Should they be a judge? Would you show under them?
BIGDOG2594
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » October 18th, 2007, 2:45 pm

I would lodge a formal complaint with the AKC immediately. I'd have any witnesses do the same.

That judge has no business in the ring with any dog of any breed if they are so ignorant about dog behavior.

There is no way I would show under them.

I had a problem with breed prejudice at the last trial I went to. I was dismissed once because my dog wasn't heeling correctly - though a number of other dogs were just as bad. The second one wasn't as overt, the judge went to do the stand for exam thing and instead of stepping close to the dog's shoulder to touch the head, shoulders and butt she stood infront of him, bent over his head and reached out her arm. That's about as dominant a position as she could have taken without facing off to him. He stepped sideways, moving three of his feet and she NQ'd him. None of that warrented a complaint though, it was just annoying.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » October 18th, 2007, 2:46 pm

NO, I don't think they should be allowed to be a judge. Geez, that's just wrong on any level, especially to a child, much less for a judge at a dog show. Are they licensed through someone or anything, or just get chosen on their dog knowledge? :? (sorry don't know about things like that)

No as well, I wouldn't show under anyone like that. Why bother?

I'm assuming this was a multi breed show, and not an APBT show?

What an idiot, can you submit a formal complaint to an organization about their lack of professionalism, not to mention their general lack of DOG knowledge.

Surely someone in that position isn't that stupid to believe that a dog that tastes blood becomes vicious in any manner. Otherwise every puppy in the world would be a vicious killer the first time they had some blood in their mouth from losing a baby tooth. :rolleyes2:
Jenn
undecided

Postby ellie@ny » October 18th, 2007, 4:03 pm

When I heard about this,I couldn't believe it! :x
As I said before,I saw the two girls doing a great job in the ring,non of the dogs were aggressive towards to each other,the girls kept a huge gap between them etc....They did a great job!!!
I saw NO PROBLEM AT ALL.
I think it's sad,and I won't enter under him ever...
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » October 18th, 2007, 4:58 pm

UNREAL! I would definitely be filing a complaint.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Leslie H » October 19th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Joe, can Karen not post here? I'd like to hear this again, from her. I'd also like to know who else heard these comments.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Marinepits » October 19th, 2007, 7:59 pm

Karen can post here.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Conformation