Showing

For those of us that show or want to show our dogs.

Postby Romanwild » January 17th, 2006, 2:33 pm

I have hopes of finishing Dreyfus this year.

Last year I took a weekend seminar with George Alston. It was great. There is a lot of work and skill that goes into doing it right.

Anyone else showing or want to show?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Jaime » January 19th, 2006, 2:10 pm

i am considering showing Capone. (that is why i haven't neutered his stinky-butt yet)
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 19th, 2006, 10:29 pm

I show. It really is a lot of fun. Just get in there and give it a shot. In UKC the people are really great for the most part and many including the judges are helpful to the newbies.

Samurai is my wild child. no matter how much I practice with him, he thinks he needs to be the clown and do things like flip and put his butt in the judges face when he is supposed to be showing his bite . LOL Oh the joys of having a drivey pup LOL. I'm a little soft on my dogs as I'd rather see them having fun and lose than standing like a statue and unhappy. :mrHappy:
At least I work up a good sweat even when it is freeeezing in the ring when I take him in

Win or lose they are all CH to me!

If you come to a NJ show I'll help you out

Charles, I'm sure you'll finish your pretty boy soon. Hope to meet you this year!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Romanwild » January 19th, 2006, 10:47 pm

I'm sure we will meet this year! :wink:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby rottgrl » February 2nd, 2006, 1:30 pm

I'm new here, but not new to showing. My new baby comes home this weekend and she will be shown. UKC is a lot of fun and the people are great...that is where I got to meet and get loved by a pit bull for the first time.

I live in WI, but we will be going to the Premiere in MI again this year....it would be great to meet some people from here!
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 2nd, 2006, 6:56 pm

Your pup is a cutie where is he coming from?

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby rottgrl » February 2nd, 2006, 7:41 pm

Thank you...i think she is adorable and I can't wait til Saturday. She is coming from a breeder in IL....Johnsons is the kennel name & here is the link to her website: http://www.freewebs.com/jhnsnsukcapbts/

The main thing with me was that her dogs were always well mannered and very sweet. I really want to do obedience, tracking and agility with a pit bull, but she was the one they wanted to place....oh, no...now I have to show another dog! :wink:

If you are knowledgeable about pedigrees, anything that you can give me advice on would be very appreciated...I'm a complete novice when it comes to pit bulls but I have been in rotties for 13 years, so I have an understanding of genetics, and a lot of experience training. My oldest Rottie just got his U-CD last weekend.
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » February 2nd, 2006, 7:49 pm

i noticed one of the males came from Kie in PA... she has gorgeous dogs!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 2nd, 2006, 9:35 pm

Do you have a copy of the pedigree? Is this an Eve X Harley pup. I know Eve and her pedigree but who is Harley?

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby rottgrl » February 2nd, 2006, 10:15 pm

Yes, she is an Eve x Harley pup....Harley is out of Shaw's Bubba abd Shaws Sugar and Spice....a linebreeding on Blue Diamond Shaw's Rampage (half brother to half sister). I looked for Harley on the web, but couldn't find him. I do have a photo of him, and the breeder also has a boy out of Harley (Peter) and I really like him.

Panache is from Kie and I really, really liked him!

LOL...Do I have a pedigree??? lol....having been in dogs this long??? :eek1:
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 3rd, 2006, 8:35 am

rottgrl wrote:Yes, she is an Eve x Harley pup....Harley is out of Shaw's Bubba abd Shaws Sugar and Spice....a linebreeding on Blue Diamond Shaw's Rampage (half brother to half sister). I looked for Harley on the web, but couldn't find him. I do have a photo of him, and the breeder also has a boy out of Harley (Peter) and I really like him.

Panache is from Kie and I really, really liked him!

LOL...Do I have a pedigree??? lol....having been in dogs this long??? :eek1:

I know alot of Rob's dogs... from Blue diamond Kennel and also Have seen The shaw dogs plenty of times at shows . Has Harley shown yet? I don't remember him. Both Rob's and Shaws stuff goes back to RE like Eve's pedigree does also. But not knowing the pedigree for him I can't tell you much about the dogs in the line besides that. I'll see if I can take a peek on their site at Peter to see if his online pedigree is up yet

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby rottgrl » February 3rd, 2006, 10:35 am

Sadly Harley won't be out showing. He chocked on a piece of rawhide and died. I have a photo of him, but its not great. But the pics of Peter on Johnsons web site shows how nice he is. I think Peters pedigree is up, but when I went to look at some of the other pedigrees last night they didn't work.

I'm hoping, for Amy, that she turns out real nice and we can get her Grand.....but my main goal with her is obedience and agility and tracking, and mostly to be a great PR relations girl in this area....people have such misguided notions of pit bulls here and I want to try to change that.
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 3rd, 2006, 6:29 pm

rottgrl wrote:Sadly Harley won't be out showing. He chocked on a piece of rawhide and died. I have a photo of him, but its not great. But the pics of Peter on Johnsons web site shows how nice he is. I think Peters pedigree is up, but when I went to look at some of the other pedigrees last night they didn't work.

I'm hoping, for Amy, that she turns out real nice and we can get her Grand.....but my main goal with her is obedience and agility and tracking, and mostly to be a great PR relations girl in this area....people have such misguided notions of pit bulls here and I want to try to change that.

That is great I'm sure she will make you proud!! Best of luck with your gal

Sorry to hear about Harley?

Peter looks like a doll.

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby rottgrl » February 3rd, 2006, 8:31 pm

It must have been awful to loose Harley to something they thought would give him some joy--that is why I never use rawhide here.

I remember seeing Peter when he was just a tiny guy...maybe 10 or 12 weeks old....I wanted to steal him! :D

I have been reading a lot of info on training for Red (and for my rambunctious 2 yr old Rottie) and on Pit Bulls in general. I see on a lot of other boards and this one that many people have multiple pet households, and I really hope that things will work out that we don't have too many issues. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

So, now that the longest week in the history of the world is over, its only about 14 hours til I get to meet Red....hope I get some sleep tonight! And it would be very cool if my little girl, Dooska finishes her Ch. tomorrow too!

Boy it will be an exciting day!
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 3rd, 2006, 9:48 pm

Good luck Tomorrow!

Yes, get sleep now because with a bully pup in the house you surely won't be getting any LOL

I want picts ASAP :smileSwitch:

I love the puppy stages and training! There's nothing better

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby rottgrl » February 3rd, 2006, 9:55 pm

ok, ok....I put the camera in her box of toys I am taking tomorrow!

And when I have a puppy in the house it seems I get "mothers hearing" and wake at the smallest noise. LOL....and people say I am not "maternal"!

I'm going to bed now, and will be sure to post pics when I can pull myself away from her to get to the computer.

Thanks for the good wishes!
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby pibblegrl » February 4th, 2006, 1:40 pm

I wish I could show Dale.

But, he has serious snaggle teeth and he is missing a pinky toe (bad genes), plus he isn't 'papered'.

Ah well, love the little punk anyway. :D
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Conformation