VERY VERY disappointed

For those of us that show or want to show our dogs.

Postby mnp13 » December 15th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Choncho wrote:i might not know much about breeds but whats with all the hate and gossiping about other dogs? :confused: sounds so retarted!

I'm sorry? What?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Choncho » December 15th, 2009, 11:44 pm

All I see in beggining ot the thread was how fat dogs are, and sausages and so many other things. I just can understand it. :crazy2: :crazy2: why would anyone wanted to bad talk dogs, no matter the breed or size. Humans dont supposed to be fat and there are alot of them out there, Do you hate them all too? do they look like jars of lard with legs? OMG!!
it must be me, not knowing how much my dog should weight. I mean I know what a fat dog is but do we really wanna be haters? leave them pups alone.!!1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am working on it.
Choncho
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » December 15th, 2009, 11:48 pm

:shock: :sad2: :spit:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TheRedQueen » December 16th, 2009, 12:00 am

:noWay:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » December 16th, 2009, 12:12 am

Hey...I am NOT THE person that should probably respond to this post, since I"m REALLY REALLY new to Pit Bulls------I am SO NOT an expert , trainer, breeder, vet tech, NUTHIN. Just a woman who wound up with a pit bull puppy from the pound.
But I think there's just a miscommunication/misunderstanding here.....

These folks aren't "making fun' as In 'trying to hurt ' an animal's feelings. They're just pointing out that somewhere along the way, people who used to care a whole lot about their breeds, have gotten very careless and indulgent, and the animals are paying the price.
That the image of the over-fed over spoiled pampered pet, has now spilled over to the areas in which the animals are supposed to agile and athletic.
Spilling over into areas where these animals are supposed to be good representatives of the BREED itself.

I think 'we're' laughing at how people sometimes FORGET what the original breed looks like, what the difference is between ""lean and healthy"" and plump and Plompy.
And what makes this "gossip'' is that the people owning/triaining these breeds are SUPPOSED TO KNOW BETTER.

So people like MIchelle, who really take her dogs seriously, are like :: W-T-F??????
Who's tending the STORE, for cryin' out loud???

So, maybe they can come along and say the stuff a whole lot better...but truly, they're not making fun of dogs or their owners the way a bully would make fun of a person who is 'challenged' or over weight', or from another country, or .....they're just like 'IT'S NOT HEALTHY TO FEED YOUR DOGS LIKE THIS!!

Does this make a little more sense???
:D

Jody, off to bed now..........
ArtGypsy

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 16th, 2009, 7:22 pm

Since this topic got brought up again I'll just weigh in a little on the fluffy evil blue dogs (shelties for those of you who don't know me)

My blue sheltie girl is on the smaller side.. 13 1/2-14 inches and weighed 16 lbs for 4 yrs of her life (she put on 1-1.5 lbs when she had the puppies I'm working off of her). I have to say that with coated dogs like shelties until you actually put your hands on the dog you can't always tell if they're over weight, but they should have the appearence of a waist no matter if they are heavy coated or not. Here was Dawn finishing her UKC CH:
DawnUKC2.JPG

My aussie is smaller.. 20 inches and 35 lbs. I kept thinking she looked a little on the thin side, but when you put your hands on her, she is perfect! So I agree with the aussies being heavier then they should be right now in the show ring.. but there are several nice dogs that are more her size that are winning right now.. She finished her UKC CH and I'm told will do well once she coats back up in the AKC rings (see picture here:
New_KayleeCH.jpg
)

There was an interesting article on sheltiesonline about performance/conformation dogs and the different conditioning.. http://www.sheltiesonline.com/oct2009/p ... rticle.php
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 16th, 2009, 7:37 pm

Don't always agree with a working vs show breed conditioning, but I guess the difference with shelties was that the breed was meant to be a versatile farm dog.. anything the farmer wanted the dog to do it had to adapt to.. and that meant every thing from hiking, to bird chasing from the crops, to driving stock, to protection of stock, to laying at the farmers feet, to mousing.... and the farmer determined what they wanted the dog to be able to do.. so I suppose different farmers would have had dogs in different states of conditioning.. those that were crop farmers would have a different conditioned dog then farmers that had sheep.. etc..

I suppose today's version of the farmer is us... agility, herding, flyball, obedience, conformation etc.. though I still think that movement should be stable no matter what.. structure should dictate movement.. and structure should dictate how well a dog corners etc. in agility..
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
StalkerBlueDog

Postby mnp13 » December 16th, 2009, 7:58 pm

StalkerBlueDog wrote:My aussie is smaller.. 20 inches and 35 lbs. I kept thinking she looked a little on the thin side, but when you put your hands on her, she is perfect! So I agree with the aussies being heavier then they should be right now in the show ring..

I'm not following your logic here.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 16th, 2009, 8:16 pm

My logic is that since she's my first aussie, watching what was in the breed rings I thought she looked thin.. but in reality she is a perfect weight.. she you can feel her ribs but she's not too thin.. she has a nice waist line.. I actually learned that Aussies were overweight in the show ring from this experience.. the few dogs out there winning that are her size/weight are actually in the minority..but there is hope since I plan on keeping her at a good weight that I like..
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby mnp13 » December 17th, 2009, 1:17 am

OH! Gotcha!

As I was reading it, you were saying that you agree with the Aussies being overweight... like you "thought it was a good idea" kind of "agree" which didn't seem quite right.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Choncho » December 17th, 2009, 1:41 am

lol :neener: ok. xD
I am working on it.
Choncho
Just Whelped

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 17th, 2009, 6:03 pm

yeah.. sorry.. the line that said "So I agree with the aussies being heavier then they should be right now in the show ring.. " would have been better understood if I said "So I agree that the aussies are heavier then they should be right now in the show ring" I meant that I agreed with the person who mentioned that aussies in the show rings are too heavy.. not that I agree with them being heavy in the show rings.. :D
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby Choncho » December 22nd, 2009, 6:29 pm

Go back to my First msg that I posted in this thread and you will see, whats going on. No one is saying that your dog is fat or skinny its the person who started the thread bashing the dogs. this is a website to learn about pitbulls and other dogs, health exercise and you know alot of other things , but coming across someone bashing other dogs becuase they are fat or becauase they look like blah blah blah things its just out of line. If my dog is fat it doesnt mean I dont love him, if my dog was skinny you will be saying that I dont feed him. Come on. >(
It is not all about showing your dog. Its about loving , caring and traning your dog, Not keeping em like convited felons. One of the stupidiest thing i ever heard was to use a 30 feel long leash in a dog park, come on grow brain, I think a mussle would sound more realistic. :o :shock: :crazy2:
I am working on it.
Choncho
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » December 22nd, 2009, 6:41 pm

Choncho wrote:One of the stupidiest thing i ever heard was to use a 30 feel long leash in a dog park, come on grow brain, I think a mussle would sound more realistic. :o :shock: :crazy2:

Uhm... I think I have posted that somewhere... as opposed to letting a dog run loose in a dog park IF people insist on going to one. With a Pit Bull. :rolleyes2:

It's almost Christmas... so, I'll be nice. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » December 22nd, 2009, 6:45 pm

amazincc wrote:
Choncho wrote:I do the same, I love taking my dog to the park the same park where he has been going since he was 12 weeks old. So far he has done great and I keep a really close eye on him when he is playing with smaller dogs. I ts hard not to let him off the leash and let him play, fetch and run around, specially going to the mud pot hole at the park.

You could at least keep him on a long lead... they make them up to 30 feet long or so. This way he can run and play, but you are also still in control if/when something should happen. :wink:

Yup... that was me.

Happy Holidays to you, too. :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby ArtGypsy » December 22nd, 2009, 7:25 pm

amazincc wrote:
Choncho wrote:I do the same, I love taking my dog to the park the same park where he has been going since he was 12 weeks old. So far he has done great and I keep a really close eye on him when he is playing with smaller dogs. I ts hard not to let him off the leash and let him play, fetch and run around, specially going to the mud pot hole at the park.

You could at least keep him on a long lead... they make them up to 30 feet long or so. This way he can run and play, but you are also still in control if/when something should happen. :wink:

Yup... that was me.

Happy Holidays to you, too. :D[/quote]

:cop: Move Along Folks, There's Nothing to See Here...... :rolleyes2:
ArtGypsy

Postby IzzysDad » March 19th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:
I can't stand fat dogs...but in the ring? Just disgraceful.

I agree unless there is a medical issue there is just no reason for a dog to be fat.

What also irritates me with the APBT is the short and wide trend in which you often see short limbs and signs of dogs having issues such as chrondoplasia and also the ones that are huge like mastiffs and look nothing like the breed standard.

I can relate to this as one of my neighbors has a "blue" abomination of a dog he calls a Pit Bull. It's so short and wide it just looks freakish (muscular and fat on top of that). It also has a myriad of health issues.
IzzysDad
Just Whelped

Previous

Return to Conformation