AKC CH Pic

For those of us that show or want to show our dogs.

Postby tradewind » January 15th, 2007, 5:56 pm

I wanted to share a picture of my girl Lexy's ( Hiley Winsome Ways ) win pic from finishing her CH.
I saw where Michelle had posted about being quite dissapointed in the condition of AKC show dogs after attending a 4 day show. I agree, they are way overweight and most act like they can hardly get around a ring. I know a few people who try to keep their dogs where they should be.

This is the weight I try to keep my dogs at, I have been told by several people that Lexy is too thin, a few judges included, but I won't fatten her up, that's for sure. She can go miles and I wouldn't have it any other way.

tradewind
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » January 15th, 2007, 6:02 pm

I think she looks pretty good! I like my dogs lean, but that's just a personal preference. She has a decent tuck, I like to see a rib or two, but it sure is nice to see that they actually will put up some dogs that don't look like sausages!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby tradewind » January 15th, 2007, 6:09 pm

On January 15 2007, mnp13 wrote:I think she looks pretty good! I like my dogs lean, but that's just a personal preference. She has a decent tuck, I like to see a rib or two, but it sure is nice to see that they actually will put up some dogs that don't look like sausages!

Thanks Michelle,
I will admit she is a bit thinner now, but she is also usually the most in shape dog, there are few others also. I am definitely going to have a hard time if I decide to do some specialing, but there are judges are out there who will look at the DOG !!
tradewind
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » January 15th, 2007, 7:09 pm

I keep Riggs at this weight now:

He might be a pound lighter, but not much.

I've been told that showing him AKC would be a waste of time, but I'm planning on throwing away one day of show fees just for laughs. Seeing him in a ring next to the more common hippos will be funny!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 15th, 2007, 9:05 pm

Good for you for keeping her lean. She looks great! Congrats on the win :D
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » January 15th, 2007, 11:01 pm

She looks great! Congrats!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Conformation