What the.....

For those of us that show or want to show our dogs.

Postby a-bull » January 17th, 2007, 9:54 pm

On January 17 2007, Canyon Pits wrote:Thank you I appreciate your understanding and open mind to my situation.

. . . and for the record, I just came from your site and you do indeed have a copyright symbol right at the bottom of each page.

Can't blame you for being annoyed "Lola's" picture was used despite your copyright, and CERTAINLY can't blame you for being angry that her photo was used for some people to criticize. That would bum me out, too.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Karen » January 17th, 2007, 10:45 pm

On January 17 2007, mnp13 wrote:Roan and ticking are established colors in Pit Bulls? I have NEVER heard that before.

Maybe I have missed it, but I have looked through MANY historical books and pictures and haven't seen ticking or roan in any dogs before recent history. Would you mind finding some for me, as I am completley missing them.

Actually it is there but NOT to the extent it is cropping up now. As Dilly gets older (Rowdy will too) she is getting the ticking that is common to Ruth's dogs. Molly at her age has many spots that have shown up over the years. I does run in certain lines.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 17th, 2007, 10:59 pm

On January 17 2007, 21:45, Karen wrote:
On January 17 2007, mnp13 wrote:Roan and ticking are established colors in Pit Bulls? I have NEVER heard that before.

Maybe I have missed it, but I have looked through MANY historical books and pictures and haven't seen ticking or roan in any dogs before recent history. Would you mind finding some for me, as I am completley missing them.

Actually it is there but NOT to the extent it is cropping up now. As Dilly gets older (Rowdy will too) she is getting the ticking that is common to Ruth's dogs. Molly at her age has many spots that have shown up over the years. I does run in certain lines.

Well then, I guess I missed it then. Learn something new every day.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 17th, 2007, 11:01 pm

On January 17 2007, Karen wrote:Actually it is there but NOT to the extent it is cropping up now. As Dilly gets older (Rowdy will too) she is getting the ticking that is common to Ruth's dogs. Molly at her age has many spots that have shown up over the years. I does run in certain lines.

I've seen plenty of ticking but not a dog that I'd consider roan before? Are ticking and Roan actually considered the same thing just to different extents???

Info and links appreciated so I better understand what it is I'm looking at for future referrence

Thanks in advance
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ellie@ny » January 18th, 2007, 12:15 am

On January 17 2007, Canyon Pits wrote:You are obviously wrong. I own this greyline female and her dam was the first ever UKC greyline champion. She is a direct daughter of the Notorious Juan Gotty. Her name is Lola and she is white with blue ticking and a blue nose. She has one brindle patch over her right eye.

If you were familiar with Greyline/Gottyline Dogs you would know that ticking is part of their bloodline.

I dont appreciate you taking pictures off my site and posting them. If you were curious about her you could of sent me an email and I would have politely responded. All bloodlines carry different characteristics and ticking is very prominent in Greyline/Gottyline dogs. If you have any other questions about any dogs I own please ask me not the board. I am a new member here and hate that I have to respond this way on one of my first posts but I was shocked to see my female and her picture being talked about.

Susan
Canyon Pits

Well first of all,I'm sorry if you feel offended.It wasn't about bashing your bitch,nor you,nor your website.NONE of us did that!
It was all about the color,and nothing else.

No,I'm not familiar with the Gotty/Grey-lines,cause they're not my favorite ones,but I guess everybody have a different taste.

The reason is why the picture has been brought here,because I have never in my life seen an APBT with that coloring,and I guess many of us either as you can see.I would also like to see others if you know other websites for that,cause it's kind of interesting to me.
I'm sure when I go to my next show,I will ask some judges about this,cause they must have more experience then me!

Sorry for the copyright,I guess I was just blind after I saw the pics.
Now,I can't go back to delete your pictures,and your website,so let's hope a mod. will do that for me! :wink:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Previous

Return to Conformation