New BIG lead from Ella's Lead

Have a Bully related CafePress store? Do you make or sell dog products? Let us know so we can shop there! Posting animals for sale is against board policy

Postby Ellas_Daddy » February 24th, 2008, 8:42 pm

We have had this for a while, but never offered it, yet. It's a full 1" Nylon Double Braided Horse Lead. No loop handle. 10 feet long. A giant brass bolt-snap eye-spliced in. It's a beast. Maybe some of the big and/or strong dogs might use it. The rope is a commercial mooring line like our other NDB, just bigger. Tensile strength ... 26,300 pounds. 8) The bolt-snap would give first I think. lol

I was thinking $15.00 would be a bargain. They are cheaper than our other spliced leads because they do not have a spliced loop handle. That saves a lot of labor.

What do you think?

Coiled:

Compared to our 1/2" NDB ropes:

Me holding it for size comparison:
Ellas_Daddy
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » February 24th, 2008, 9:37 pm

I like it. :greenWave: I also like your shirt. :giggle:

Would it come in any other colors? My friend's horse wears a kelly green blanket and I would want something in the green line. :rolleyes2: But, if you don't do any other colors, I would still like to order one for her Christmas present. (Yes, I am an early shopper.)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Ellas_Daddy » February 24th, 2008, 9:48 pm

All we have now is the black one, but we can see what colors are available. They say they have others but don't name them. We'll give them a call on Tuesday. Monday's are hell here.
Ellas_Daddy
Just Whelped

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » February 24th, 2008, 9:51 pm

what about something lighter weight and 30 or so feet long for training purposes...the cotton long leads rot, and I have a really nice leather one, but would like an extra long line for Sparky
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 24th, 2008, 9:51 pm

Well, you have until Nov. 2008, really. 8) If it doesn't come in other colors, no problem. I love your stuff, no matter what the color.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Ellas_Daddy » February 24th, 2008, 10:25 pm

On February 24 2008, 7:51 PM, Wyldmoonwoman wrote:what about something lighter weight and 30 or so feet long for training purposes...the cotton long leads rot, and I have a really nice leather one, but would like an extra long line for Sparky

We could make you a line out of 3/8" NDB. It's all nylon so it won't rot and it should go around grass and brush better than say our stiffer mountain ropes. Currently, the only rope we have in a length that long is My Name is Mud. The Neon Yacht is long, but it is a stiffer braid (yacht braid). We could leave the end straight (no loop). If you are interested, pm me or chewbecca, and we can set you up.

We will probably call our supplier on Tuesday to verify color choices in the horse leads. I saw a teal one in the catalog, but not sure on availability.
Ellas_Daddy
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » February 25th, 2008, 1:57 pm

If you're actually getting one for a horse, can a panic snap be put on instead of a bull snap?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » February 25th, 2008, 4:58 pm

On February 25 2008, mnp13 wrote:If you're actually getting one for a horse, can a panic snap be put on instead of a bull snap?

Most of the leads I have used are bull snaps. :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby chewbecca » February 25th, 2008, 5:03 pm

Our supplier makes these leads. They use bolt snaps and bull snaps. They use bolt snaps the most because that is what they get the most orders for.

They don't use panic snaps, I wish they did.
http://www.ellaslead.com
The only lead you'll ever need.
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 25th, 2008, 5:05 pm

Honestly, if a horse starts to pull back THAT much, I'd drop the freaking lead. Horses are heavy and have big feet, ya know. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Ellas_Daddy » February 25th, 2008, 6:11 pm

Ok, some clarification. The leads are typically made in 3/4" and 5/8" NDB. We would be requesting 3/4" NDB rope.

Commonly available colors (at the moment) are gold/white, white, black, and blue. They occasionally have the teal green and red available (if a near empty spool is available).

Rebecca told our rep about the bull-snaps and where to get them if he wants to try them out. The big brass bolt-snap they use is very beefy.
Ellas_Daddy
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » February 25th, 2008, 6:22 pm

I like those a lot.

Having seen MANY issues with long lines I think when I'm in the market for a new one I shall be contacting Ella's Lead to see how long I can get ;)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Return to Marketplace