Animal Portraits

Have a Bully related CafePress store? Do you make or sell dog products? Let us know so we can shop there! Posting animals for sale is against board policy

Postby pits in 4-H » November 4th, 2008, 11:53 pm

Getting ready for the Holidays. . . consider stopping into my shop and checking out the Needle Felted Animal Sculptures; specializing in Bully Breeds and Equines.

http://www.PitBullLadyDesigns.Etsy.com

PROCESS:
Needle felting is the process of agitating washed wool roving with a wickedly sharp barb needle and sculpting it into shape. A special barbed needle to felt with and several different high quality fibers - Corridale, Merino, llama, alpaca, angora, mohair and other animal fibers to achieve the correct colors of each animal breed as much as possible. Each fur-baby is made without the use of patterns or kits. The sculpting is done by poking the wool fibers thousands of times until they interlock and felt together and the artistry of the animal’s shape and personality appear. As with any art form, sometimes the “woolie” takes on a life of its own and leads the artist to its final beautiful sculpture that can not be exactly copied or mass produced, even by the artist.
pits in 4-H
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » November 5th, 2008, 7:03 am

I have never seen that craft before. You are very talented!

PS....nice website.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Marketplace