Doggy Portraits - $15 off for PitbullTalk Members

Have a Bully related CafePress store? Do you make or sell dog products? Let us know so we can shop there! Posting animals for sale is against board policy

Postby brokenlizard2 » May 8th, 2011, 8:42 pm

I'm in the same situation as Tubular Toby here, school expenses are growing. I don't know how many of you keep up with the national news, but Louisiana's budget cuts and tuition spikes are interfering with my graphic design studies (only a few art classes are being offered through the 2011 school year while the others may or may not reappear again so it's been difficult for the art and foreign language majors to schedule classes to graduate).
Anyway, I'm helping out a friend of mine who established LSUS's first animal related club- The Future Veterinarians of America Club. Here, he sponsors a local animal rescue each semester and selects one special animal to push for adoption on campus (including parading the happy pups on campus; early on I even considered adopting the sweetest bulldog I have met but I can't support a dog just yet and eventually she did find a wonderful home to call her own).
To continue fundraising (the school has cut some student organizations' funding as well), I am taking on pet portraits (furry, feathery, scaly, finned or otherwise) and 10% of each commissioned piece will go to Shreveport-Bossier animal shelters and rescues.

To get things moving, I am offering $15 off the total price for my fellow members here. If anyone is interested, let me know via PM.
Sizes: 5x7 - $30 8.5x11 - $75 9x12 - $90 11x14 - $110 16x20 and 18x24 also available (ask for price)
Traditional Mediums: graphite/pencil, ink, chalk pastel, gouache/watercolor, acrylic
Oil (water-soluble) and Digital Paintings -add $10 to size price

-Shipping $5 via USPS; Paypal only (sorry no checks)
-No charge for multiple pets right now

And by request, I can do people portraits as well - same price same sizes; multiple subjects - $50 per additional person (no charge for pets!)
Check out examples of my work here: http://brokenlizard2.deviantart.com/

Thanks everyone :wave2:
Raven
brokenlizard2
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » May 9th, 2011, 5:46 am

That is very nice of you! Good luck!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby brokenlizard2 » May 9th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Thanks
brokenlizard2