No "reply" button?

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby TheRedQueen » February 23rd, 2009, 11:25 am

I'm trying to reply to Liz's thread about her new blog...and I can't find a reply button. :? WTF? At the top it just says "Search" with a box for typing in the search topic...but no reply button at the bottom either or anywhere...am I blind...?

ETA...this post is giving me trouble

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28661
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » February 23rd, 2009, 11:50 am

I'm pretty sure no one can post a reply in that section except for mods/admins..
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » February 23rd, 2009, 11:52 am

Jenn wrote:I'm pretty sure no one can post a reply in that section except for mods/admins..

Oh.

:neutral:

Why?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 23rd, 2009, 12:01 pm

Not sure why we made it that way...

You can PM me about it though! :D
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » February 23rd, 2009, 12:09 pm

I'm sure Michelle will correct me if I'm wrong about this, but...

That section was created so that other sites/boards, etc. can be posted, and people could quit coming on here spamming the members about other boards that have been created, etc. Members can browse the section, and choose to go to other sites, or not as they please.

I deleted my post, to be fair, I didn't think about it when I replied. ;)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » February 23rd, 2009, 12:10 pm

Jenn wrote:I'm sure Michelle will correct me if I'm wrong about this, but...

That section was created so that other sites/boards, etc. can be posted, and people could quit coming on here spamming the members about other boards that have been created, etc. Members can browse the section, and choose to go to other sites, or not as they please.

Okey dokey...just wondering.

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » February 23rd, 2009, 12:39 pm

Jenn wrote:That section was created so that other sites/boards, etc. can be posted, and people could quit coming on here spamming the members about other boards that have been created, etc. Members can browse the section, and choose to go to other sites, or not as they please.

That's exactly it.

Active members can "discuss" sites in OT (or wherever it's appropriate) but we got tired of the drive-by postings, so made that section.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Questions / Problems