reply notifications?

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby HappyPuppy » July 10th, 2009, 1:04 pm

I made a post in katiek's post, for example, (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30188) and have not gotten a single reply notification in the 8 pages that it has become.... I am 'subscribed' and have noticed I don't seem to get a lot of reply notifications to any thread or if I do, they stop after just a few replies when the discussion continues.

What's the deal?
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » July 10th, 2009, 2:10 pm

I'm working to resolve the same issue for Dr. Blabs.
Hang tight and as soon as I get a resolution I will send you a PM.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » July 10th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Thanks - just replied to PM - apparently I haven't gotten 'one' since 10/26/08 as best I can tell (I gave you the wrong cut-off date in my PM) ... guess I'm just a little slow for just now noticing! :oops:
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » October 19th, 2010, 5:36 pm

I'm still not getting any reply notifications... :confused:

I just had this same problem crop up on a different forum and this was the cure -- I'm wondering if something similar is going on here???

REPLY FROM FORUM ADMIN:
I tracked down the error message and it looks like your mail provider has identified the topic reply notification messages as spam. They subsequently add our server to a blacklist and don't accept any mails from us (they block it completely before it would even reach your personal spam folder).

There's a process for administrators to request the removal from that list. I did that yesterday and already got a response back that it would be removed within the next 24-48 hours.

That's about all I can do from our side, so hopefully that clears up soon here in the next couple of days for you.
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » October 19th, 2010, 6:02 pm

Interesting. I'll see about that.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BigDogBuford » October 19th, 2010, 11:36 pm

I never get reply notifications either. Every *once* in a while I get three or four in a row, then nothing for months and months. I've tried everything on my end.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Questions / Problems