Hey Canadians

Postby Jp » January 12th, 2006, 1:26 am

Okay, so I think it's just three of us...but we needed a post here :)

Reminder to other Canadians who see this...don't forget to vote
January 23! Every vote counts.
Jp
Just Whelped

Postby GreddyGirl » January 13th, 2006, 11:53 am

Nah Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah
Hey Hey Hey
Good Bye Liberals! :D
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Postby Conners » January 22nd, 2006, 1:11 am

No Liberals would DARE knock on my door with all the signs I have on it. It may look tacky, but they haven't knocked yet. :P Wish I could send a pic to show you. *giggle*
Conners
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » February 16th, 2006, 7:17 pm

Hey I'm Canadian :) That makes 4!!
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Conners » February 16th, 2006, 10:45 pm

Malli wrote:Hey I'm Canadian :) That makes 4!!

I notice when I post that some of the things I post about, they don't seem to understand the significance of living in a banned province and that what might seem like a normal situation, is completely different when our dogs lives are on the line.
One tiny little mistake on my part or hers, comes to a distroy order. No questions asked. We are guily unless we can fight so much evidence to fight the courts of our innocense.
I forgot to check where the rest of you are from. Any from Ontario?
Conners
Just Whelped

Postby wednesday » February 16th, 2006, 10:58 pm

I'm here from Ontario. :canada:
wednesday
Just Whelped

Postby Conners » February 17th, 2006, 1:10 am

wednesday wrote:I'm here from Ontario. :canada:

Wahoo! And GreddyGirl is right from my home town too. So 3 of us are from Ontario and knows what it feels like.
Well mid May is coming not soon enough for me. Once we win, let's all have a muzzle burning party!
We are having a Bowl-A-Thon not this Saturday, but the next with the proceeds going to the Legal Fund. There's going to be a lot of fun things happening like a silent auction and other fun things. Our bowling team is called, 'Bend Over Bryant'! The local news will be there too.
Wish us luck!!! But win or lose, we can't lose because it's all going for a good cause. :D
Conners
Just Whelped

Postby pittymomma » February 17th, 2006, 12:09 pm

:D I'm here just outside of Ottawa Ontario.

V
pittymomma
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » February 17th, 2006, 2:47 pm

Conners wrote:I notice when I post that some of the things I post about, they don't seem to understand the significance of living in a banned province and that what might seem like a normal situation, is completely different when our dogs lives are on the line.

If you're refering to me then you would be wrong.

We all live with the threat everday. Do Ontarioans have it pretty bad? Yes. But that doesn't mean the rest of us don't understand. Personaly I would not be any more responsible if I lived in Ont. The level of responsible ownership is the same no matter where you live.

I disagreed with your trainers technique....end of story. :wink:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Conners » February 17th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Romanwild wrote:
Conners wrote:I notice when I post that some of the things I post about, they don't seem to understand the significance of living in a banned province and that what might seem like a normal situation, is completely different when our dogs lives are on the line.

If you're refering to me then you would be wrong.

We all live with the threat everday. Do Ontarioans have it pretty bad? Yes. But that doesn't mean the rest of us don't understand. Personaly I would not be any more responsible if I lived in Ont. The level of responsible ownership is the same no matter where you live.

I disagreed with your trainers technique....end of story. :wink:

Hi Romanwild.
I believe you are the one who encouraged me not to be so stressed out as I could always take the test again and that not everyone passes the first time, so no I thought you were very encouraging.
And yes, I understand about being responsible at all times, but from all the media coverage hitting you day after day with Pit bull incidents, let's just say it's a wake up call and you know the media. They will play it up to the hilt.
One false move, and what is acceptable by another breed but not acceptable for a pittie is totally unjust.
Socialization is also an importance and our responsibility as an owner when it comes to our dogs (any dogs), yet our dogs don't have that 'privlege' anymore.
I have no problem with you disagreeing. :P Just keep your fingers crossed that we pass. :D
Conners
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » February 17th, 2006, 7:32 pm

You'll pass! :thumbsup: :)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby justalovepuppy » February 18th, 2006, 9:43 pm

i must have missed something? pass what? i am from outside ottawa Ontario.
justalovepuppy
Just Whelped

Postby Conners » February 19th, 2006, 1:59 am

We had our CGN test today and I've been stressed out because of lesson 11. The frenzie I put myself into was all for nothing as we ALL passed with flying colours!!! Well...our dogs did. LOL
Now once we receive our certificates from the CKC, our trainer wants us to photocopy them and send them to the media, our MP's, and of course yours truly, the arse who created this ban in the first place. Show them what our pitties are made from. WAHOO!!!! Won't THAT burn his buns!!!! :twisted:
Conners
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » March 28th, 2006, 11:51 am

Whenever I see Canadians mention "liberals" it's always in a bad sense . . . which amuses me.

I consider myself a "liberal" which means that I'm not passing judgement, am far from the right wing, and have the amazing ability to think for myself. Liberals in this area do not generally support BSL.

So yeah, it's just amusing to me that in Canada Liberals are bad, but here in MA (and I would assume in other states) they're the good guys.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Conners » March 28th, 2006, 8:24 pm

gonna_b_no_1 wrote:Hi! I'm right on the border of ontario and quebec.

So far, no restrictions on pbs here in Gatineau (spca actually has one up for adoption currently) and the only thing I can think of, is we have a leash law, and a scoop law, but that applies for any canine poopie machine ;)

It all depends on the minicipality as to how stringent they want to enforce the law. Right in Bill 132 it states the government will not pay for the enforcement, but the responsibility lies within them.
Toronto is refusing to pay the cost of extra enforcement too and look how large of a city she is.
With you being such a border town, they might not be able to enforce it as are you actually in Hull, Quebec or Ottawa, Ontario?
Some Ontario residends that I've talked to, take their dogs across into Quebec to socialize.

SisMorphine wrote:Whenever I see Canadians mention "liberals" it's always in a bad sense . . . which amuses me.

I consider myself a "liberal" which means that I'm not passing judgement, am far from the right wing, and have the amazing ability to think for myself. Liberals in this area do not generally support BSL.

So yeah, it's just amusing to me that in Canada Liberals are bad, but here in MA (and I would assume in other states) they're the good guys.

I know what you mean. I've always said I was liberal minded, as in open minded and now it's caused so much heart break for so many dogs that the very term is discusting.
Today, I received email from someone that had been asking for help for her dogs. Their only crime was that she had company over and her neices and nephews were coming in and out the door and one of them forgot to close the door behind them.
Once the open door was realized and no dogs in the house, panic struck. Because they were legally grandfathered, AC contacted them they had picked up the 2 dogs.
The dogs, very friendly, never bit or growled and actually came to the AC officer and jumped in the van for a ride. The email today was sad, as both the dogs are being distroyed. AC would not give them back to the owners and charging them each day for kenneling them until the date of the destroy order. All because of Michael Bryant's and his Liberal Commando's that are murdering for any of the smallest mistakes.
PB's are not allowed mistakes in any way.
Conners
Just Whelped

Postby Gatsu » March 29th, 2006, 2:52 pm

canada +1
------------------

www.jh-training.ca

Jon
Gatsu
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby melissa power » April 26th, 2006, 10:00 am

I'm here in London......we have 2 dog parks that we take one of our dogs to....my boyfriend has a shepherd/husky mix--Chase.....when we go to the dog park I have to leave Buffy at home.....so sad.......

And I think she knows it too....when we get ready to go, she gets really sad....gives me those very sad doggie eyes, and goes and lays in her "hut", (doggie crate)......it breaks my heart....

Melissa
melissa power
Just Whelped

Postby melissa power » April 26th, 2006, 10:03 am

When is the date in May for the Muzzle law.......?

I didn't even know that it was being discussed again.....sorry....I'm new to PitBull ownership....and I wasn't really up to date on the pitbull laws before that......

Thanks!

Melissa
melissa power
Just Whelped

Postby Conners » April 26th, 2006, 2:28 pm

melissa power wrote:When is the date in May for the Muzzle law.......?

I didn't even know that it was being discussed again.....sorry....I'm new to PitBull ownership....and I wasn't really up to date on the pitbull laws before that......

Thanks!

Melissa

The muzzle law actually gave us 60 days grace from Aug. 29th to get all the requirements we needed. BUT...May 16th is our first court date for Clayton Ruby and then I assume it will take months to fight.
There are many people not following the law with their Bullies, but seems to me they are playing Russian Ruolette with their dogs lives. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
I don't know if that will effect the bylaws of the different municipalities. Guess we will have to wait and see. Until everything is final, I'd continue muzzling and keeping to the law to be on the safe side.
Conners
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Canada