The other direction :)

Postby Asta » March 13th, 2006, 8:02 am

Guess that i better write one representing sweden then hhahaha Although i am physically in Glasgow, Scotland atm :)
Havent really seen a lot of Pit´s around here, mainly some Staffybull´s. I have a sneaking suspicion however that i am simply in the wrong (right?) neighbourhood and thats why i am missing them!
In sweden however you see qute a few of them, but mainly with the same sad owners as anywhere else, bouh!

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Romanwild » March 13th, 2006, 8:50 am

I would love to go to Europe! DSo you like Scotland?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Asta » March 13th, 2006, 9:05 am

I have my ups and downs with Scotland...I must say that people are incredibly friendly and helpful!
But the thing that eats me up is that, atleast here in Glasgow, they just dont have a feeling for details and good deliverys. Since i have a slightly, ahum..., anal retentive presonality and like my things MY way it is more than frustrating. The weather is also a bit of a challenge...Not to mention the cost, damn GBP!
We are only here approx 3-4 months per year though, and not in one chunk. So its not too bad afterall!
Where in europe would you like to go though?? Or is it a general desire :)?

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Robin B » December 10th, 2007, 7:07 pm

Asta I am south of the border from you I live in London. I think you saw pics of Gerda.
Robin B
Confident Young Bully

Postby Asta » December 11th, 2007, 4:09 am

Yes i did :) Gerda is adorable!
We were down in London a few weeks ago for a concert, it is such an incredibly busy city! Are you a born and bred Londoner?

Cheers,

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Robin B » December 11th, 2007, 9:09 am

I'm not a born and bred Londoner,but, lived here for about 27 years or nearly half of my life.

some of my family were born and bred Londoners...but who are no longer here.

I did go to Glasgow once....this is the only time I have been to Scotland.
Robin B
Confident Young Bully

Postby Asta » December 11th, 2007, 12:47 pm

Ah one visit and that scared you off lmao ? Just kidding, just kidding, i am Swedish so i am in no way standing in the ringcorner of the Scots :)

People in general speak about their living expenses being high, but man to live in London... :shock: Every time i go there i wonder how on earth normal people manage to get by finacially...Not to mention the commuting! But that said, it is a wonderful, vibrant city :)

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Robin B » December 17th, 2007, 2:59 pm

Asta no it wasn't the country that scared me off. I happened to go out and get drunk when one of the kittens died & I thought I had caught her with the door( she had renial falier) = it was one visit made by mistake as I got pissed(drunk) and fell asleep on the train & then realized I had to get to where I was taking a city & guilds course in painting & decorating.

It wasn't the country that scared me off it was how drunk I got & well I never went there again.....this was many many moons ago.

but it was free travel to Scotland by train & back to London by hitch hiking.

hey Asta you wonder how people manage to get by and live with 'normal incomes in London( what ever normal is)...it's fun doing this on state benefit, but, I am used to living here. *beams * as I don't pay for travel in London by bus or public transport....well there has to be some advantages & I have a free travel pass = no fares.

I am lucky to where I live now as I have 2 huge parks(OK not as huge as some parks over the pond,but hey England is a smaller country in size) and not to far from Hampstead village = Gerda will have places to go out(when the weather is better & she has had her shots) she will see trees and green space.
Robin B
Confident Young Bully

Return to The Rest of the World!