I guess I better speak for the Benelux

Postby KJS » December 9th, 2006, 6:22 am

Hi all, as you know I am originally from NL but now live for 2 years in BE....I have moved around a lot but this has to be the best move ever because due to BSL this is the only place in the Benelux I am allowed to own a Pit...we moved here in rented accommodation and bought and paid for a house within 3 months just so that I could rescue Doom from the Asiel in Wortegem-Petegem ..many of you will remember sending thank you's and get well soon's and happy birthday messages to the Asiel for Doom while they were so nicely holding him for me

Belgium is ok in many ways but as we are still close to the borders here we do tend to skip to Lux for cigarettes and to NL for cheap(er) kids shoes and food shopping and I dread to say even to Germany for cheap electricals and bike parts...but you got to do what you got to do....
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » December 9th, 2006, 9:12 am

I would love to see photos of where you live. I have been fortunate to travel to about 48 of the states in the US, and Canada, but have never been off the North American continent.

We have an educational channel here that "flies you" over other countries and shows all the beautiful architecture, landforms and famous places. Then they "drive you" into the towns. I enjoy seeing the world, any way I can !

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Asta » December 9th, 2006, 4:23 pm

Hello :greenWave:
I am currently in Belgium (Bruxelles) too, but only until the 1st of janury unfortunately. Its a really cool city and i would not mind much if we were to move here for professional reasons :)
Have only managed to spot one Pit Bull, and one Dogo Argentino look a like, bouh... But a ridicolous amount of dog sh!t, BLECH!!!!
Hope youll like Belgium too :)

Cheers,

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby rhumble » March 2nd, 2008, 1:19 pm

hi
i lived in the netherlands for a few months, middenmeer and den helder.
rhumble
Just Whelped

Postby irwi » July 16th, 2008, 9:45 am

I live in Groningen in Nederland and i am very happy that BSL stopped in Holland.
irwi
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » July 16th, 2008, 10:55 am

KJS wrote: I dread to say even to Germany for cheap electricals and bike parts...but you got to do what you got to do....

:shock:

It's not THAT bad over there... is it??? :?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby KJS » July 16th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Oh no its not that bad over there...but we decided to make a vow to not support them as much as we possibly could after the dog holocaust in the year 2000

http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/dogholocaust/

Not nice reading...but then you see why we didnt want to go there any more
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » July 16th, 2008, 4:51 pm

I had NO idea... right now I'm embarrassed and ashamed for my country. :( :cry: :sad2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to The Rest of the World!