Meet Charlie! "Our" GSD.

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Malorey » October 23rd, 2008, 9:24 pm

This is the other Dog we have, but he isn't mine. This is my mom's boyfriends dog. I wish he didn't own him though. He never does anything with him and he isn't exactly the nicest to him. He uses all the training methods I look down apon. See, I did alot of training with Charlie before, but I got SOO frustrated with Mike coming in and ruining everything. But, I feel so bad for Charlie, and decided to do what I could for him. Plus, Mike will be gone more now, so I don't have to worry as much with him getting in the way since Charlie is 10x better with me then Mike. He acts like a dog around me (A playful happy hyper puppy dog xD). Oh, he is 2 years old.

"But banning a breed won't stop dog attacks. People have to be aware of their dog's temperaments and make sure they have control of their pets through obedience classes and behavior training."

- Donna Malone, VP, Responsible Animal Owners of Tennessee
Malorey
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » October 23rd, 2008, 9:28 pm

Oh, he's quite handsome!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 23rd, 2008, 9:49 pm

Oh I love him!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pocketpit » October 24th, 2008, 1:09 am

He's very handsome!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » October 24th, 2008, 1:29 am

He's beautiful! :)

How do you train him? What do you guys enjoy doing together?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby KJS » October 24th, 2008, 2:13 am

Now theres a pointy ear I could live with..what a face! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Malorey » October 24th, 2008, 7:43 am

Thank you for the comments everyone!

To answer the questions asked (Sorry, don't recall who they are by) Mike uses the 'methods', like I said, I wouldn't. He hits, hells at, smacks, uses shock collars, prong collars, and those such things. I use a prong on Charlie as he is a large dog, at about 120 pounds, and could easily knock me over or get away from me, but with the prong I am able to have more of a something (Can't think of the right word.) While Mike will basically go and hank on it if Charlie makes one move he doesn't like. I don't see the need, and never will, to deliberatly hank on your dog with one of those collars, use a shock callar, or to hit/smack, and yell at a dog. There are better ways.

Well, Charlie is a HUGE puppy inside, so I long game of fetch in the yard has him happy as can be, and he LOVES to cuddle, and will attemp to throw all 120 pounds on your lap to snuggle with you. I would take him for walks, but he is quite dog/human aggresive (As Mike basically got him, and then did zip with him. I would have, but I was in school, then after school, I always had a bucketload of homework to do, plus I had other things to do around the house. We all knew he shouldn't have gotten this puppy, but my mom allowed him to. -.-) We also would take him to Wisconsin Point to run, but always had to be careful if someone was coming, and we kind of had to be on the lookout. Although, when Mike wasn't around he was like a new dog, but we still wanted to be on the safe side.

Here are some pictures of him having a blast at the point.
"But banning a breed won't stop dog attacks. People have to be aware of their dog's temperaments and make sure they have control of their pets through obedience classes and behavior training."

- Donna Malone, VP, Responsible Animal Owners of Tennessee
Malorey
Just Whelped

Postby muse » October 24th, 2008, 8:34 am

He is a lovely boy, sorry his owner is such a bonehead.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » October 24th, 2008, 8:42 am

He's so handsome! I'm glad he gets to have fun once in a while! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members