Trail Riding with Seth!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby plebayo » September 1st, 2009, 9:52 pm

This past weekend I went horse camping at Silver Falls with my sister and a few of her friends. My friend was supposed to watch Seth for me [my other dogs go to my parents, they refuse to watch Seth] and my friend forgot. I didn't want her to feel like I was throwing him at her, so I decided to take him camping. I wasn't sure how it would go, I brought a ton of ace with me just in case :p He was AMAZING! Everyone thought he was adorable, the first ride out he ran around and wasn't sure where he was supposed to be. After that he would hang out behind one of the horses, mine, or whoever was in front. Other dogs rushed him from their camp sites and he ignored them. He actually listened better while I was up there than when I'm on the ground haha. The coolest part about it is that a lot of people thought he was Pit Bull or had some Pit in him and here he was with livestock, running around happily just like a cattle dog would. He really amazed me, he was a great trail riding buddy and awesome camping partner. I'm excited that i have two dogs that I can take riding! He was also better than LiLo in that he never once tried to bite my horse.

So my sister brought her camera and it's really hardcore and we didn't know really how to use it properly so here is what I have for pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/p ... CN1729.jpg

There was a creek behind our camp site. We went wading down there and tried to get Seth to go swimming. I got to really hear him bark for the first time, it's pretty ferocious, he was really frustrated because he didn't really want to get into the water.

He was super unsure about the whole thing.

Trying to explain to him that water isn't that bad and that we're having a good time.

His "Balto" impression.

Swimming with the stick.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby madremissy » September 1st, 2009, 11:03 pm

Great pictures.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » September 1st, 2009, 11:27 pm

Good job Seth! :D Cute pics!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » September 2nd, 2009, 7:38 am

Awww! Seth is just so cute trying to figure "the water" out.

P.S. Can you mail me a horsey?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » September 2nd, 2009, 8:18 am

Great pics! :lol3: Seth is just adorable.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » September 2nd, 2009, 9:52 am

Yay for fun weekends!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby kera09 » September 2nd, 2009, 10:25 am

good job seth!!! looks like a great weekend!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » September 2nd, 2009, 11:34 am

iluvk9 wrote:P.S. Can you mail me a horsey?

Greedy... :nono: ...you already have a pony!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members