My Mantella and Dart Frog Critters

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Malli » September 20th, 2009, 2:52 am

the photos are lacking for sure but I thought a few of you might enjoy them anyway :)

My 2 Dendrobates tinctorius "New River" morph

took these from inside the Vivarium...

their Vivarium :

My male Mantella crocea aka "Yellow Mantella"

thanks for looking! :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 20th, 2009, 4:04 am

1)What the heck is that big brown thing in the 4th photo? A mantella? Is it alive?

2)Where is the second "Dendrobates tinctorius" in the first photo? Is it the one being humped by the blue thing or is it the one doing the humping?

3)Why do you finally post photos and they are so fuzzy looking? :neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » September 20th, 2009, 8:44 am

Malli, they're beautiful!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » September 20th, 2009, 11:55 am

I could look at your frogs all day...that's so cool. How many do you have altogether?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » September 20th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Joyce, the brown thing is called a Cocohut, it is a coconut with part of it cut off, turned upside down and a little door cut in it, its for them to hide in ;)

I have 2 D. Tinctorius
1 M.Crocea

an American Bullfrog
and a Cuban Treefrog

so, 5 altogether...

Thank you for the comments :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 20th, 2009, 6:44 pm

They're so colorful! Are they poisonous?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » September 20th, 2009, 11:57 pm

Yes, and no. The other names they are called are "Poison Arrow Frog" and "Poison Dart Frog"...
The thinking is that in captivity, their poison potency is a least decreased, as it is thought to mainly (if not entirely) come from ants that they eat in the wild.
Mantellas are thought to be fairly harmless, they are related to the Dart frogs, but more distantly.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pocketpit » September 21st, 2009, 4:54 am

Very pretty!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby TinaMartin » September 22nd, 2009, 8:18 am

So pretty!!!!!!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Malli » September 22nd, 2009, 12:29 pm

thank you :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 22nd, 2009, 4:46 pm

Do they have names? Like Bud or Harold?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » September 23rd, 2009, 2:53 am

:lol3:

Not really, the little yellow frog is called just that(and is definitely a he), And there is one of the blue guys you can see in a picture that has a C shape on his/her back and I call it "C frog" - I don't know their sexes yet...

Some of my frogs do have names though, the larger ones I don't have pictures, are of are 'Fidel' and 'Michigan J. Frog' :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 24th, 2009, 6:35 pm

Call one, "Joyce"! I don't care if my namesake is a male or a female. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » September 24th, 2009, 9:31 pm

done! :D C Frog's counterpart is Joyce :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 25th, 2009, 6:48 am

Malli wrote:done! :D C Frog's counterpart is Joyce :)

:bananaDance: Thank you! I will name something after you!! I might be getting a new Coach bag next weekend!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » September 25th, 2009, 4:31 pm

LMAO
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members