We are expecting

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby SassyCassie » June 1st, 2010, 2:24 pm

Chara

Mink

Bailey

And Daddy (who isn't mine, but he is a pretty boy)

The root of ALL evil at dotcorny
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 1st, 2010, 2:27 pm

lol Congratulations!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » June 1st, 2010, 2:34 pm

Yeah... Congrats!!! :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » June 1st, 2010, 2:35 pm

:D Congrats! How fun!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » June 1st, 2010, 3:01 pm

Yay! for kids! Daddy is quite handsome, too!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby CinderDee » June 2nd, 2010, 12:41 am

Congrats! I can't wait to see baby pics!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Malli » June 2nd, 2010, 3:25 am

Give me. I want. May I also have some land to keep them on please? :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » June 2nd, 2010, 5:51 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Baby "anythings" are just so cute, I can imagine how adorable little goats are!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SassyCassie » June 8th, 2010, 9:17 am

My sister said the other day that watching the girls go in and out of their door (it was originally a duck pen) was like Winnie the Pooh in Rabbit's house

Guess i need to make a bigger doorway - soon. And fix up all the spots where they thought the barn tasted good as well :)
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » June 8th, 2010, 11:56 am

:giggle:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » June 8th, 2010, 12:47 pm

SassyCassie wrote:My sister said the other day that watching the girls go in and out of their door (it was originally a duck pen) was like Winnie the Pooh in Rabbit's house

Guess i need to make a bigger doorway - soon. And fix up all the spots where they thought the barn tasted good as well :)

How DO they get in?? lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SassyCassie » June 8th, 2010, 4:20 pm

They squeeze. They usually slide through without a lot of trouble, but when i took that pic, they had just eaten a bunch of fresh grass which bloated them up a bit more than usual. (she still got in though)

I'm hoping to get to it this week, although I suppose option 2 is that I could stop putting the anti-cribbing spray on the barn and let them chew a larger hole for themselves :mrgreen:
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby SassyCassie » August 14th, 2010, 1:15 pm

After a sad delivery with Bailey (we lost the baby - he was tangled up, and large, esp for a first-timer) last Sunday we were hoping for good deliveries with the other two. They have kept me waiting all week with their heavy breathing, restless behavior, and acting like they would deliver any minute. I kept popping up every hour or two to check on them for the last few days. Mink was the worst, so i thought she was going to deliver first, so I put her in the kidding stall. I checked at 1:30 am and set my timer for an hour, it went off, i thought 'I'll just lay here another minute' and next time i woke up it was 4:30. Went out to the barn, and when i was halfway there I heard what sounded like kittens. Went in, and Chara had one baby out by her head, semi-cleaned, another one just out that she was trying to clean off, so i grabbed it and toweled it off, wrapped both babies in a towel by her head, and went to call my daughter since i promised - but she wouldn't get up. (she was having a sleepover with a couple friends and they were up way too late.) Went back to the barn, and thought both babies felt chilled so i got the heat lamp out and put them on a towel underneath. Chara still looked huge and the babies were so tiny (like half the size of Bailey's baby) and then she pushed out another one, much bigger than the first two. Dried that one off and it was struggling to get up and nurse within a few minutes. She tried to let it, but then started pushing again, and another baby was out (yes, 4 is alot - twins or triplets is common, I was hoping she didn't have 6 like one goat i know) So i'm trying to get the babies dry, Chara is helping, and Mink starts making all sorts of groaning noises, and I thought she was going into labor too - started getting nervous b/c i knew the babies all had to nurse soon. The last two popped right up and started nursing w/o any problems. The second baby warmed up a bit, started walking around, and came over to nurse briefly. The only one that wasn't nursing was the first baby. I gave her some colostrum from Bailey with a bit of corn syrup mixed in, some nutri-drench, and a vit E capsule and she finally started nursing (briefly) on her own. I am going to keep a close eye on her though.

The pic is terrible, but we moved them into the smaller kidding stall, so it is harder to get good pics. Once they are walking around more it should be easier, but everyone seems really tired, and i didn't want to bother them too much.

Baby number one is invisible. She is mostly white, with brown markings

Baby number two is the smaller one on the far right. He is dark brown, with darker brown on his legs, and a big white blotch on his head

Baby number three is the one that's standing, he is more of a grey brown, and one of the biggest.

Baby number four is identical in color to number 2 and is the biggest one. She was the first to stand and nurse.

Two boys, two girls, not bad.

One down, one to go. I'll keep everyone updated.
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 14th, 2010, 4:29 pm

OMG! I had no idea that goats could have 3 kids, let alone 4!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » August 14th, 2010, 5:01 pm

4 babies??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Congrats to the Mom (and you)... I :heartbeat: little goats. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SassyCassie » August 14th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Yeah, i expected twins or triplets, esp when i saw Bailey's kid, i thought they would all be that size. I knew they could have more, but i certainly didn't expect it. Hopefully Mink will be more reasonable

Baby number one is now a house baby - i don't know if it's permanent, but she was getting weaker throughout the day, and now Mom ignores her - doesn't even lick her to get her up. I am hoping we can just bottle feed a few days, get her stronger and put her back but i don't know if that's possible. Luckily my daughter has been dying to bottle-feed a baby - wait until she finds out how much work it is!
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » August 16th, 2010, 12:00 am

I'm glad this one went better!!!

I can't wait to come out and see them!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » August 16th, 2010, 11:10 am

Cute, congrats! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby SassyCassie » August 17th, 2010, 12:41 am

Mink had her babies today, only 3, but they are all the same size as Chara's biggest. 2 girls, one boy.
The boy is the darker gold one in the middle.

And Chara's brood
The biggest boy (in his favorite sleeping spot) Image

The other three (left to right, boy, boy, girl)

And our precious Aurora, who is still holding her own with the big boys. She is still being bottlefed, but is kept with Mom now, and nursed a couple times on her own, so hopefully we can cut back a bit on the bottle soon (i need my sleep, this every 2 hour stuff is killing me)
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » August 17th, 2010, 3:41 pm

OMG, is Aurora ever CUTE!!! :shock: :heartbeat:

Okay, so... NOW I want some little goats, too. :wink: lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members