Horsey pics from the beach!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby plebayo » April 25th, 2011, 2:45 am

We took the horses to Astoria today. It was my friend Kelsey's first time riding at the beach and also me and my sister's friend Lynna's first time at the beach riding. We had a lot of fun, the weather held out for the most part, we only got rained on seriously once for about 15mins. The only bummer is that the trails were completely full of water, but I'm not gonna lie - I'd much rather be running down the beach!

Candie says "I am not a fan!"

Still not overly happy with the moving water.

After walking for about an hour through water that was sometimes up to their chest, Candie decided the ocean wasn't so bad.

My sister and her friend at what is left of the Peter Iredale.

The horses weren't cooperating and Cairo wanted to eat Candie for lunch.

Cairo and I running down the beach, I like the expression on her face in the 2nd picture.

Cairo and Candie, it was cool that they ended up on the same stride.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » April 25th, 2011, 5:45 am

AAAKKKK!!!! I LOVE THE PHOTOS!!! I can't believe the water on the trails!!

I remember taking my horse, Ashley, to the beach for the first time. :) He went in and I couldn't get him out! Thank goodness we were riding bareback, so the saddle wasn't ruined. When he got back to his knee level, he decided to roll. 8) I was up to my waist in water anyway, so it wasn't a high drop down to the ground.

You brought back some great memories....thanks! :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 25th, 2011, 7:19 am

Oh what an awesome day!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » April 25th, 2011, 8:10 am

I'm not a horse person (I admire horses, but haven't been around them much)...but I love your pics. I love seeing horses getting out and doing things with their riders...the horses always look so happy! :clap:

But WOW...the trails! :shock:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby AllAmericanPUP » April 25th, 2011, 10:08 am

pretty!! i'm very jealous :P
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby plebayo » April 25th, 2011, 11:03 am

iluvk9 wrote:AAAKKKK!!!! I LOVE THE PHOTOS!!! I can't believe the water on the trails!!

I remember taking my horse, Ashley, to the beach for the first time. :) He went in and I couldn't get him out! Thank goodness we were riding bareback, so the saddle wasn't ruined. When he got back to his knee level, he decided to roll. 8) I was up to my waist in water anyway, so it wasn't a high drop down to the ground.

You brought back some great memories....thanks! :dance:

My sister had a horse like that, minus the rolling. He would just head out into the beach and not want to come out! That sounds like quite the adventure for you and your horse!

TheRedQueen wrote:I'm not a horse person (I admire horses, but haven't been around them much)...but I love your pics. I love seeing horses getting out and doing things with their riders...the horses always look so happy! :clap:

But WOW...the trails! :shock:

Well, I'm happy to share. We got some pretty cool pics this time around. My horse definitely prefers to be out and about. As of late we've gotten to do some pretty fun trail riding and have gotten to do more obstacles which is cool because it just helps make our relationship better when we make it through some hairy situations together. When I first bought this mare I was afraid of her and wanted to sell her - I can't imagine that now at all.

And yeah - the trails were insane. The horses were all really good about wading through the water, but it was definitely tough. I've never ridden in anything like that before - it was a good experience for everyone but it was really tedious and never ending.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby call2arms » April 25th, 2011, 11:26 am

That looks like it was soooo much fun! I miss horses...

The only time I got to ride at the beach was in Ireland, when we tried out our horses for our 1 week long ride... Mad galloping, the horses KNEW they got to gallop when they came to the dunes before the beach, and the owner was like, "don't try to hold them back, just let them go!" I just about died of pleasure...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby plebayo » April 25th, 2011, 12:21 pm

call2arms wrote:That looks like it was soooo much fun! I miss horses...

The only time I got to ride at the beach was in Ireland, when we tried out our horses for our 1 week long ride... Mad galloping, the horses KNEW they got to gallop when they came to the dunes before the beach, and the owner was like, "don't try to hold them back, just let them go!" I just about died of pleasure...

That sounds like so much fun! We truly had a blast, running down the beach is by far my favorite thing.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Malli » April 25th, 2011, 1:37 pm

looks like fun :) Cold, but fun!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby plebayo » April 25th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Malli wrote:looks like fun :) Cold, but fun!

It wasn't as cold as it could have been! When the sun came out it was really nice... inbetween times I think it must have been between 55-60. For the beach that's not too terrible :dance:

I'm just glad for the weather we did have. My sister kept talking about potential torrential downpour and that maybe we would get there and have to turn around. I really couldn't afford to drive there and not ride so I'm glad it worked out.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby furever_pit » April 26th, 2011, 1:21 pm

Oooh very cool!
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members