Good bye to Truman's twin bed

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby iluvk9 » May 28th, 2011, 10:40 am

I did some spring cleaning this week. The dog beds were just not getting fresh enough for me when I washed them. Truman's deluxe twin mattress had a corner that smelled like pee. :shocker: Even the enzyme cleaners and sun drying it didn't satisfy my nose. So.....

After scrubbing the tile floor, washing every throw rug (still drying outside) and washing every inch, it was time for new dog beds from Costco.

Notice the bone he is sleeping on. :giggle:

Good bye $800. twin mattress (which was originally my Mom's). :bye:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » May 28th, 2011, 11:29 am

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
And where was Harley in these pictures???? :wink: I think Truman might like this arrangement better. He can hang his head on on the cool tile floor. Give them all a kiss from me. Even Bo :dance:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » May 28th, 2011, 11:40 am

Harley has another new bed in the corner you can't see, but he was on the couch....of course. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 28th, 2011, 5:45 pm

Looks nice! That room looks bigger now, too. :-)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby airwalk » May 28th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Oh goody, we now have more opportunities for what strange position can Truman sleep in today pictures :mrgreen:
airwalk
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » May 28th, 2011, 9:40 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Looks nice! That room looks bigger now, too. :-)

Very true. Only now when I let Truman out at 3 am, EVERY 3 am.....I have no place to lie down waiting for him to come back in. 8)

airwalk wrote:Oh goody, we now have more opportunities for what strange position can Truman sleep in today pictures :mrgreen:

He never fails to surprise us. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » May 30th, 2011, 12:52 am

3 am? EVERY NIGHT? Crazy lady.

I do want to reincarnate as one of your dogs, but I promise I won't do that to you.

3 AM. With no valid medical reason to empty his bladder in the middle of the night right?

Oh and the new set up looks great. I LOVE fresh beds.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » May 30th, 2011, 6:10 am

call2arms wrote:3 AM. With no valid medical reason to empty his bladder in the middle of the night right?

Oh, he doesn't even PEE half the time! 8) He just sits on the high part of the yard, and looks around. Sort of doing nothing. :dance:

I don't let them use the doggie door at night because I am afraid of raccoons, squirrels, opossum or RATS getting in. :shock:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » May 30th, 2011, 10:05 am

iluvk9 wrote:
call2arms wrote:3 AM. With no valid medical reason to empty his bladder in the middle of the night right?

Oh, he doesn't even PEE half the time! 8) He just sits on the high part of the yard, and looks around. Sort of doing nothing. :dance:

It is amazing that seemingly intelligent folks can become ruled by a four legged creature (OK, three legged in my case). :wink: Trouble's last couple of years were much the same way. She had me up in the wee hours of the morning, often just to pet her. I know it was nuts, and I know I was totally sleep deprived, but geeze, what I would give for one more of those nights.

Oh, and I wouldn't use a doggie door for the same reason. Don't want to come nose to nose with a a surprise new friend. :nono:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » May 30th, 2011, 10:30 am

Well, Truman might be a "tad" spoiled, but I figured at this point, the first time I don't let him out at 3 am, he will pee in the house.

As for other animals getting in, remember the time Lenny caught an opossum at 3 am and proudly brought it to the door for me? 8) I don't think I could have screamed any louder for him to DROP IT.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » May 30th, 2011, 9:46 pm

Nice beds!!!

The next person who tells me my dogs are spoiled, I'm referring to this thread. :wink:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » May 31st, 2011, 5:39 am

mnp13 wrote:Nice beds!!!

The next person who tells me my dogs are spoiled, I'm referring to this thread. :wink:

:giggle:

And I haven't admitted to HALF of the other stuff I do for them.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » May 31st, 2011, 7:05 pm

'fess up. Come on. DOOO IT.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » May 31st, 2011, 7:54 pm

I will tell ONE thing. It isn't really odd to me, but I was told I have spoiled them. :|

I figured living in a house with 3 (or 4) dogs can be stressful for them. So I plan "alone with with me" for each of them.

Lenny loved to get the inside of his ears rubbed, get brushed and eat bananas. So, others would be outside and he got 30 minutes of ear rubs, brushing and a banana.

Darlene loves to ride in the front seat. So, every week, we have a "girls night out" and I put her in her car harness, let her sit in the front passenger seat, and drive her through the neighborhood. She doesn't care where she goes as long as she can see out the side window.

Truman loves the rain, but hates any other water source. No kiddie pool, hose or ocean for him. So, when it rains, I let him outside and I sit with him. Me under the umbrella, him in the rain.

Harley is attached like glue to me. He is the only one that is allowed in the bathroom when I get ready for work. I talk to him and tell him what my plans are for that day for our alone time.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » May 31st, 2011, 8:24 pm

Oh, Joyce, that's so sweet. Lucky, lucky dogs.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 31st, 2011, 8:45 pm

Awww! I don't consider that spoiling! I think that's sweet!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » May 31st, 2011, 9:13 pm

Special moments for each that will never be forgotten. :heartbeat:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » June 1st, 2011, 5:19 am

I KNEW they weren't spoiled...just very loved. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » June 1st, 2011, 7:30 pm

Joyce, you're awesome.

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » June 1st, 2011, 8:17 pm

:oops: Thanks. I didn't post for compliments, but I appreciate them.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members