Beach Riding

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby plebayo » August 20th, 2011, 6:24 pm

My friend and I went to the beach Friday. The weather was awesome [although a bit windy] we had a ton of fun getting coffee in town and Seth had a BLAST. He didn't move the whole ride home, he was totally tired.

Grabbing coffee. My horse was snoozing big time which was good because I had to attach her to my dog briefly. In retrospect that was really stupid because horses are entirely unpredictable. Definitely not thinking at this point but I was really concerned about the horses crapping in town and my friend's horse was being a jerk and I didn't want to get yelled at, clearly I wasn't thinking.

Primo

Cairo

Seth

The beach.

And lastly a pic of the dogs at the park Thursday:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Pit♥bull » August 20th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Looks like you had a great time. :) Great pics.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 20th, 2011, 8:36 pm

That's so fun that you rode them into town!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » August 21st, 2011, 6:48 am

8) Seth is such a show stealer with that mushy look on his face. :heartbeat:

I agree with Liz that taking the horses into town is cool. That car doesn't fit in with the country looking store in the background and the horses.

And Cairo fell asleep? :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » August 21st, 2011, 9:25 am

I am soooo jealous. Looks like a wonderful ride. Both in town and on the beach. :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby plebayo » August 21st, 2011, 1:34 pm

Seth is such a goob, he was soo good in town and soo good on the beach.

It's a lot of fun going into town we've done it a few times now and luckily the horses haven't pooped or anything lol. We're usually pretty well received.

I'm not sure why Cairo was snoozing but she totally was! We hadn't even ridden but maybe 30mins down the beach to get there - I guess her life is hard :p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby call2arms » August 22nd, 2011, 1:56 pm

That's it.

I'm moving over. I'm sure you've got room for 2 extra dogs and an elder cat. I just need to get a horse.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » August 22nd, 2011, 5:27 pm

call2arms wrote: I just need to get a horse.

I rent Truman out.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » August 23rd, 2011, 10:21 pm

call2arms wrote:That's it.

I'm moving over. I'm sure you've got room for 2 extra dogs and an elder cat. I just need to get a horse.

Oh of course! The living space may be kind of cramped but I have a HUGE yard for the dogs and my cat can share space ;)

iluvk9 wrote:
call2arms wrote: I just need to get a horse.

I rent Truman out.

:bounce:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » August 24th, 2011, 9:41 am

I just love these pics...looks like so much fun!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby plebayo » August 24th, 2011, 11:10 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I just love these pics...looks like so much fun!

It's a lot of fun... I could sell my horse and live better but it's just not worth it because we have so much fun.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » August 25th, 2011, 6:16 am

plebayo wrote:It's a lot of fun... I could sell my horse and live better but it's just not worth it because we have so much fun.

Don't sell Cairo. You will regret it. The money would only last for a few months bills anyway, and you will have heartbreak forever.

I sold my horse, Ashley, when I graduated High School because I didn't think I would have enough time for him while I went to college. I still regret it. :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » August 25th, 2011, 10:33 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
plebayo wrote:It's a lot of fun... I could sell my horse and live better but it's just not worth it because we have so much fun.

Don't sell Cairo. You will regret it. The money would only last for a few months bills anyway, and you will have heartbreak forever.

I sold my horse, Ashley, when I graduated High School because I didn't think I would have enough time for him while I went to college. I still regret it. :(

Thanks for the advice :hug3:

Honestly although horses are a luxury and it really breaks the bank sometimes having her as with all of my animals I can't fathom getting rid of her. Like with my dogs and cats I intend to keep her until she passes.

A few of my friends who sold their horses for college have said the same thing. If I didn't have her I could live in a better place, not have to move in with my parents, get a newer car, pay for some college classes etc. But I can't imagine life without her at this point in my life.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » August 26th, 2011, 6:20 am

Suzanne, I have a book I re-read every so often called If Life is a Game, These are the Rules. One of the chapters is called "There" Is No Better Than "Here". To apply it to your last post, there is always something we think will be better, (not living at home, having more cash available, a newer car) but once we get it, there is still no better than here because another there will just show up.

So, live in the now. Enjoy your rides with Cairo. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » August 30th, 2011, 11:34 pm

I agree, she seems like a more than amazing horse, and she deserves to live the rest of her life with you. It's a huge expense but hell I'm sure it's more than worth it - it's my lifelong dream. One day.

Not directed towards you at all, but I hate seeing horses, because they are a luxury, get sold like cars or toys, to those who can afford. I'm not saying it's that way for everyone, but I've seen too many rich, spoiled kids change ponies or horses like you change underwear. It's not a bicycle. :mad2:

Joyce, I'll rent Truman anytime. Is he one of those that take immense pleasure in making sure he, and your legs don't fit between those 2 tree trunks, or that this branch will smack you right in the face? lol
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » August 31st, 2011, 5:49 pm

Let's just say he doesn't know how big and doofy he is. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » August 31st, 2011, 10:07 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Suzanne, I have a book I re-read every so often called If Life is a Game, These are the Rules. One of the chapters is called "There" Is No Better Than "Here". To apply it to your last post, there is always something we think will be better, (not living at home, having more cash available, a newer car) but once we get it, there is still no better than here because another there will just show up.

So, live in the now. Enjoy your rides with Cairo. :)

I will have to check out that book it sounds like it could be a good read. Thank you!

call2arms wrote:I agree, she seems like a more than amazing horse, and she deserves to live the rest of her life with you. It's a huge expense but hell I'm sure it's more than worth it - it's my lifelong dream. One day.

Not directed towards you at all, but I hate seeing horses, because they are a luxury, get sold like cars or toys, to those who can afford. I'm not saying it's that way for everyone, but I've seen too many rich, spoiled kids change ponies or horses like you change underwear. It's not a bicycle. :mad2:

Joyce, I'll rent Truman anytime. Is he one of those that take immense pleasure in making sure he, and your legs don't fit between those 2 tree trunks, or that this branch will smack you right in the face? lol

I totally understand what you're saying, I board with people and even have friends who flip horses like it's going out of style. To sell Cairo [which the horse market is CRAP] would have to be very special circumstances. I've never understood how people can just buy and sell their horses no problem. I just don't have a lot of familial support on the subject [they think she needs to go]. I feel a little lost sometimes in my life. I have my career goals but things are moving kind of slow right now and it will take time for me to accomplish what I want to do. I wanted a horse my WHOLE life, like from the age of 2. I mean, I realize I'm not that old but it was a serious dream for so long. And again, for me, it's like a dog and I worry if I were to sell her they wouldn't take proper care of her, or that she would end up in a bad situation or even end up in slaughter down in mexico or something. Like dogs, good horses fall through the cracks all the time. Especially in these times when people are dumping them or they can't feed them.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby call2arms » September 3rd, 2011, 10:46 am

I think I've read too much FHOTD (I know the lady doesn't like pit bulls, but she's funny sometimes) with dumped/sold/trained-boarded abused horses that if I ever have one, I'll keep it until it would pass away, or until I couldn't truly feed it myself.

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby plebayo » September 5th, 2011, 7:01 pm

call2arms wrote:I think I've read too much FHOTD (I know the lady doesn't like pit bulls, but she's funny sometimes) with dumped/sold/trained-boarded abused horses that if I ever have one, I'll keep it until it would pass away, or until I couldn't truly feed it myself.

LOL I like reading the blog on occasion. I miss all of her conformation critiques/bad horse pictures so I stopped reading as often but I still check the blog. I really don't care that she isn't a pit bull fan - the blog is mostly about horses anyway lol.

I think just like people with dogs, they forget how long they live. I mean, a horse can be a 20-30yr commitment depending on how old the horse you buy is. I also think they don't always realize the cost of keeping them, it isn't just board and feed, it's shoes and vetting.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby call2arms » September 6th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Meh... I COULD have free boarding (outdoors) for a horse, if I had one, and with 2 dogs and 1 cat, I don't even think I could afford it. SIGH.

One day. By then I'll probably be too old and broken by lifting danes on x-ray tables to ride, but hey...

call2arms
Boys Stink

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members