Only 13 years old

Postby luvmypitties » April 21st, 2007, 7:53 pm

I found out this morning that my brother's friend died earlier this week. His name is Cory. He was only 13 years old. He loved to skateboard and was a very polite little boy.

It was 2 o'clock in the morning, his sister's boyfriend (19) woke him up to run to 7-eleven with him to get more beer, yes more he had already been drinking that night. He told him that if went with him he would buy Cory a slurpee. On the way back the car went off the road and hit a tree, bounced off and hit another tree. Both died. Cory was found with his slurpee all over his shirt. He was only 13.

This was my bothers friend, my sisters friend, a neighborhood kid everyone loved. He was so sweet, polite, slowly getting over his fear of dogs thanks to my great crew! His best friend had to carry his casket today. He was buried with a skateboard signed by all his friends and family.

Rest in peace Cory. I am sorry you didnt get to experience everything life had to offer. You will be so very missed by everyone who knew you!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby msvette2u » April 21st, 2007, 8:13 pm

:cry: I'm so sorry...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 21st, 2007, 11:26 pm

Oh those poor little boys. Such a waste
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 22nd, 2007, 11:08 am

What a loss...I'm so sorry...RIP Cory :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » April 22nd, 2007, 11:31 am

You know, I hope this family can turn this tragedy into a learning experience for other kids - I just read your post to my kids, 12, and 14 and boy, they got very quiet.
Things like this always happen "to someone else" and not to US - except when it does, then it's too late :cry:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » April 22nd, 2007, 1:02 pm

What a sad story. RIP, Cory.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby randi81 » April 22nd, 2007, 7:18 pm

How awful.... I'm so sorry :(
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby luvmypitties » April 22nd, 2007, 7:50 pm

Yes please tell this story to everyone you know. Its sad that it takes a loss of this kind to open your eyes. But for the younger kids especially they need to know how to say no to everyone when they have been drinking. Do not get in the car with them.

Thanks for the condolences.
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 28th, 2007, 10:28 am

That is so awful. I'm sure Heaven has scateboard parks and he is having a blast. How awful that he had to leave here so soon though

Hugs and prayers for his family and your Brother who I'm sure muct be taking the news hard :(
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » April 28th, 2007, 7:29 pm

How sad. I am so sorry. RIP Cory.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels