Wasn't meant to be.

Postby demolitionic » December 26th, 2007, 3:34 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:

I wonder if it was a genetic defect that might be present or prevalent in other pups of the litter, or just a freak accident.

Have you let the breeder know?
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby hzumstein » December 26th, 2007, 4:45 pm

I did let her know. We are really good friends. The mother of those pups passed away. She was killed by a cow that got loose and came in there yard. So she won't be breeding again and we know it didn't some from their father, but I helped her contact the other people that got puppies from that litter to let them know. So hope it was just a freak thing.
The Zumsteins: Toby, Heather, Toby-Allen, Ellie-Grace, Diesel, Hope, Stormy, Daisy & Lou Lou.
hzumstein
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby gayrghts » December 27th, 2007, 2:25 am

On December 26 2007, 3:45 PM, hzumstein wrote:I did let her know. We are really good friends. The mother of those pups passed away. She was killed by a cow that got loose and came in there yard. So she won't be breeding again and we know it didn't some from their father, but I helped her contact the other people that got puppies from that litter to let them know. So hope it was just a freak thing.

How do we know that it didn't come from the male?
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby hzumstein » December 28th, 2007, 9:17 am

I just think it would have shown up now because they compete with him on a regular basis and he is very active.
The Zumsteins: Toby, Heather, Toby-Allen, Ellie-Grace, Diesel, Hope, Stormy, Daisy & Lou Lou.
hzumstein
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » December 28th, 2007, 6:13 pm

So... what did the autopsy show???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenn » December 28th, 2007, 7:06 pm

On Wednesday, 26 December 2007, 10:12 AM, hzumstein wrote:I just wanted to let everyone know that the vet called this morning and told me that Ravioli had a very enlarged heart and maybe a few more vet visits and it would have been detected but since he was so young he had only been twice to get shots. He said he believed it was just too much fir his little body to work with. I have to work a full day today so after work I will be picking him and taking him out in the country to parents to burry him in our little pet cemetery. Were my childhood pets and the other Ravioli was put to rest. Thank all of you for your care and concerns! :(

Page 1 :wink:
Jenn
undecided

Postby amazincc » December 28th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Oh, I didn't see it... thanks... :oops:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Previous

Return to Our Departed Friends