Wally

Postby Judy » August 8th, 2008, 5:46 pm

I know it is hard. You will never stop missing Wally. But over the years the intensity of the pain will lessen while the good memories will remain vivid. Hang in there.
Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby ellie@ny » August 9th, 2008, 8:51 am

What a great tribute to a great dog.
RIP Wally.
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby turtle » August 10th, 2008, 2:58 pm

Oh no... not Wally... I've not been on line much and I just saw this.

I am so very sorry he is gone. What a wonderful boy. Wally was loved by so many and he will never be forgotten. RIP Wally, run fast and sleep well.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 12th, 2008, 6:32 pm

I asked Alyssa if I could tell my dream about Wally and she said it would be okay...I dream a lot about people I have met, even years after I have known them, but never remember dreaming about someone else's dog.

In real life, my Grandparents lived in Shutesbury, MA. So in the dream, I am at their house. I LOVED this place because they had 100 acres, horses, a pond with frogs and a rope swing, among other things. I dream about being there all the time, now.

The house is very old and as kids we always wanted to sleep in the bedrooms in the attic. It was the "cool place to sleep". In my dream, I am looking out the window and I see a dog running towards the house. I go outside and wait for him. I watch him running, running, running towards me. It is, of course, Wally! I was so happy to finally meet him. He starts kissing me and I keep thinking his breathe smells like Cheerios (which is my favorite food.) Then Wally wants me to follow him. So I go running after him as fast as I can, but keep thinking I will never keep up with a Greyhound. I keep seeing his long legs stretch out in front of him and that beautiful brindle color moving and changing with every step.

We get to another barn my Grandparents owned in real life, but only kept barn cats in it. I finally catch up to Wally and he is sitting by the door. He is giving me "that look" I have seen in so many of his photos. Kind of an "all knowing side look". I go inside and there are DOZENS of Greyhounds! All colors!! I keep thinking how I never met a real one, except Wally and now I have DOZENS to play with. I hoped they all had Cheerio breath.

I was so happy and thought now my Grandparent's house was even better to visit.

When I woke up, I had this overall happy feeling. Sort of woke up smiling. Then I remembered the dream and wrote it down.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » August 12th, 2008, 7:28 pm

Good ole Wally... letting his Mom and friends know that he is doing great in a barn in Mass... as opposed to the Rainbow Bridge.

I always knew that dog had smarts! :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » August 12th, 2008, 7:45 pm

Exactly a week ago Wally had collapsed and I was rushing him to the vet's office . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby SisMorphine » August 12th, 2008, 8:21 pm

Exactly a week ago I was holding Wally's head in my lap while my family said good bye, and while I tried to get the courage to stand up and leave him . . . or what used to be him. All I can picture is him laying there with his last case of ETS (escaped tongue syndrome) and trying desperately to close his eyes.

In some ways it feels like he's been gone forever, but in others it feels like it was just 5 minutes ago.

This sucks. I miss you Big Dog.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby maberi » August 12th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Sorry Alyssa I know how tough things are

I remember staring at Yoda for the longest time after he passed. I couldn't bring myself to leave the room. I can still see his fat little shaved head before I put the blanket over him

SisMorphine wrote:Exactly a week ago I was holding Wally's head in my lap while my family said good bye, and while I tried to get the courage to stand up and leave him . . . or what used to be him. All I can picture is him laying there with his last case of ETS (escaped tongue syndrome) and trying desperately to close his eyes.

In some ways it feels like he's been gone forever, but in others it feels like it was just 5 minutes ago.

This sucks. I miss you Big Dog.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby amazincc » August 12th, 2008, 8:32 pm

I know this may be a very small consolation, or none at all even - but imagine if the two of you hadn't had the incredible fortune of sharing your lives w/Wally and Yoda at all? :sad2:

I still count myself lucky for having "met" them both and I'm grateful to both of you for having shared them w/us.

I will have to remind myself of my own "wisdom" when Beast is no longer w/me. Crap.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 12th, 2008, 8:36 pm

*hugs* for you, Lys and Matt.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby airwalk » August 12th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Matt & Alyssa, I know it's very hard it takes time before you stop expecting them to come around the corner. In my case I every now and again, still pick up four bowls at dinner time and calculate how much I can fudge out of Charlie's bowl so he'll lose a pound..

In time it gets easier and you are left with all of the good memories.
airwalk
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » August 12th, 2008, 10:20 pm

Thanks everyone. It's a pretty shiitty day here. I am going to go to bed and force Teeny to snuggle with me. My mom said when she came in this morning while I was napping Teeny gave her a "help me" look because I had her in a sleeping death grip. Poor bulldog . . .
SisMorphine

Postby LMM » August 13th, 2008, 10:24 am

Alyssa I am so sorry. I did not know Wally passed :( :( :(

Although I would have liked to know Wally in person, you made it possible for me to know Wally in my heart. He will be missed greatly.

RIP Sweet Wally, run free gorgeous boy.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby cheekymunkee » August 13th, 2008, 11:43 am

We miss you sweet boy. :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Emi » August 13th, 2008, 3:17 pm

Oh i'm so sorry to hear of his passing, my heart goes out to you...

Run well sweet guy...
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » August 18th, 2008, 4:24 am

I am so sorry Alyssa, I am just reading this now. You are in my thoughts.
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby madremissy » August 19th, 2008, 11:17 pm

What a wonderful tribute. :( You will always hold a special place in my heart.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby luvmyangels » August 22nd, 2008, 1:19 pm

Oh gosh I just read this. I am so sorry RIP Wally.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby lil_red » August 23rd, 2008, 5:26 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of Wally's passing... He meant so much to so many and the pain of his loss will be felt for an eternity it would seem... but I think that any person devoted to animal as much as you were to Wally still understands that the benefits of the companionship that they provide while we get them far outweighs the pain that they leave behind when they go.
Play free and run hard Wally! The rest of us will just take it one day at a time....
The biflagellated organism replicates through binary fission...
lil_red
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » September 4th, 2008, 3:19 pm

I just picked up Wally's ashes on my way home from work today. So many people told me that this time of finality would help, but now I'm crying more than ever. And the damn urn looks like a cookie jar!! It's only temporary until I get the real one, but I'm afraid someone's gonna open it looking for dog treats.
SisMorphine

PreviousNext

Return to Our Departed Friends