Picasso's Story

Postby BigDogBuford » October 22nd, 2008, 8:15 pm

Picasso came into my life as a 10 day old orphan. Some people had chased a stray cat out of their house not knowing that she'd left a kitten in there. They were getting ready to leave for vacation that night and didn't have time to do anything with a random stray kitten. So they called the wildlife rehab center I was volunteering for at the time. We weren't supposed to take domestic animals but I've always been a sucker for kittens.

He's was the strangest orange fluff ball I'd ever seen. As some people may know, it can be extremely difficult to sex young kittens. Because he was an orange tabby I was already kind of assuming he'd be male. We flipped him over and OMG!!! :shock: He had the biggest furry orange testicles I'd ever seen. They were huge in proportion to his body. I turned to my fellow volunteer and said, "He HAS to be a Picasso!" Hehe.

He went to work with me every day and at the time I was riding the bus so he also rode the bus with me every day. He was a hit! Little stinker would get hungry about half way home and hang off the front of his carrier and scream at the top of his lungs. :rolleyes2: He had a teddy bear that was his Mommy and he'd sleep with it.

I think because he was hand raised and well traveled, he was always super social. He loved everyone (person, dog, cat) that came through the door. Babies in play pens? He was there. Old people? Great! Allergic people? Even better! He became known as "Monkey Man" because of his special trick of leaping from the top of the cat tree onto people's shoulders....never once using his claws. He was also devilishly good at getting into things. I have a locked pantry because of him and I don't keep any garbage in the house because of him.

He was also a great cat to demonstrate "cat show kitty" with. You could hold him up over your head with your hands behind his front legs and in front of his back legs and he'd just hang there. You could also drape him around your neck, like a stole. He was the perfect accessory! He was always free and giving with his head butts and purring and kept purring until the end. He had seventeen great years and that makes me happy.

So long, Monkey Man......keep getting into things!

~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 22nd, 2008, 8:35 pm

What a great story he has! Sounds like he lived a long, productive, FUN life! RIP handsome Picasso.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » October 22nd, 2008, 10:05 pm

He sounds like a cool cat.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » October 23rd, 2008, 2:34 am

aw :neutral: I can tell he was well-loved :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby KJS » October 23rd, 2008, 8:10 am

Thanks for sharing that..it kind if makes me wish I had known him personally...you know?
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » October 23rd, 2008, 9:37 am

:( RIP handsome Picasso
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » October 23rd, 2008, 11:40 am

What a great guy...RIP Picasso... :sad2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby muse » October 23rd, 2008, 11:51 am

Awww, what a sweet story. RIP Picasso. :(
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Return to Our Departed Friends