In Memoriam: Daddy the Pit Bull

Postby amazincc » February 20th, 2010, 10:04 pm

I just saw a comment on FB and went to check the official web site... it's true. :sad2:

http://www.cesarsway.com/news/daddy-memoriam

Cesar Millan, all his family and friends, his staff and volunteers, and dog lovers all around the world today will mourn the passing of one of the most loyal, trusting, well-balanced, and influential pit bull ambassadors the world has ever known. Daddy, Cesar’s longtime friend and partner in canine rehabilitation, died peacefully surrounded by family on Friday the 19th of February. He was sixteen years old.

He lived each day of those sixteen years happy and fulfilled as Cesar’s right-hand-“man,” helping to shape the behavior of entire generations of dogs by showing them the way to balance. He stood as champion for calm-submissive pit bulls everywhere, and was instrumental in helping to repair their image as violent, savage, uncontrollable beasts. He successfully battled cancer and weathered chemotherapy, and even got the opportunity to present at the 56th Annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards!

His name is now added to that honorable roster of dogs gone by whose influence is still felt today, and which includes some of Cesar’s beloved childhood heroes: "Rin-Tin-Tin." "Lassie." … "Daddy."

He has been immortalized by Dog Whisperer fans in all mediums, from painting, to photographs, to charcoal drawings and papier-mâché sculpture. And, of course, he lives on in his work, reflected in the balance and calm-submission of his protégé Junior, the countless animals to whom he was a positive role model, and in the hearts and minds of everyone who knew him as a calm, sweet, and mellow example of a widely misunderstood breed.

In Loving Memory.

Say what you will about the man - I always adored Daddy. :heartbeat:

RIP you big Hunk O' Love... may Junior continue your work, and try to fill those big paws of yours.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby ArtGypsy » February 20th, 2010, 10:06 pm

R.I.P, Daddy......... :(
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby LMM » February 20th, 2010, 11:14 pm

RIP Daddy :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby madremissy » February 20th, 2010, 11:32 pm

RIP Daddy
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » February 21st, 2010, 1:03 am

The loss of anyone's dog is sad. :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » February 21st, 2010, 4:02 am

Daddy was truly an awesome dog (whatever the heck Cesar Milan is!), thats for sure :(

Daddy has done amazing things for the image and perception of the "Pit Bull" breed group n the public's eye, for that I thank him.

RIP Daddy.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby katiek0417 » February 21st, 2010, 10:39 am

Oh no, RIP Daddy...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 21st, 2010, 1:55 pm

RIP Daddy... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » February 21st, 2010, 3:06 pm

I got an e-mail about Daddy yesterday, and he really was a great publicity ambassador for the breed, even with his balls...RIP Daddy
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby kera09 » February 21st, 2010, 3:40 pm

Rip Daddy
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Our Departed Friends