Hailey

Postby SisMorphine » January 27th, 2011, 10:18 pm

One of my employees' dogs passed today . . . at work. She's a Min Pin, jumped up on a chair and slid off of the chair and into the table leg . . . breaking her neck and killing her on the spot.

Such a freak accident. Such a sweet little dog.

RIP Hailey, you will be greatly missed :cry:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 27th, 2011, 10:29 pm

:( oh...I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug3: My thoughts are with all of you
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » January 27th, 2011, 10:29 pm

:( :( :( How awful.

RIP Hailey
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 27th, 2011, 10:32 pm

How horrible! RIP Hailey... :-(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » January 27th, 2011, 10:45 pm

Just spoke with my employee. She was saying that Hailey had 9 lives. She's fallen through the ice, almost was eaten by a large rototiller, and just a few weeks ago took a corner in the house too fast and rolled down an entire flight of stairs. And everytime she just picked herself up, shook it off, and was back at it again.

She was a character, that's for sure!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » January 28th, 2011, 12:09 am

How horrible. Sorry for your friend's loss...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » January 28th, 2011, 12:35 am

I'm sorry Alyssa. That really scares me,
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby iluvk9 » January 28th, 2011, 6:46 am

I didn't realize little dogs were so fragile. :sad2: Goodbye, Hailey.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » January 28th, 2011, 10:25 am

iluvk9 wrote:I didn't realize little dogs were so fragile. :sad2: Goodbye, Hailey.

I think she just hit it at the right angle. One of my good friends had this happen to her Greyhound. He was just playing with the other dog out in the yard and body slammed into one and broke his neck. It's terrifying :(
SisMorphine

Postby TinaMartin » January 28th, 2011, 10:35 am

Sorry for your friends loss. RIP Hailey. :(
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » January 28th, 2011, 11:15 am

iluvk9 wrote:I didn't realize little dogs were so fragile. :sad2: Goodbye, Hailey.

Just one of those fluke things...a friend of mine lost a little dog years ago...he just was playing on the bed, bounced off and broke his neck. Another woman I know stepped back, fell on her toy poodle and killed it.

I worry at times about The Wiener, because he's long-backed and SMALL...but I try and be a good mom...I let him go to be happy and try not to worry. Can't wrap 'em in bubble wrap forever.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby hugapitbull » January 28th, 2011, 3:33 pm

Very tragic. RIP sweet Hailey. Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby SisMorphine » January 28th, 2011, 6:52 pm

Tough day at work. We're all pretty down, remembering Hailey and trying to figure out what to do for her owner. Clients who came in last night during the time that it happened have called to check on her and I've had to give them the bad news. I think we've all taken turns crying today. One of my other staff members who was on last night while it happened, and drove her to the vet, just keeps playing the "what if" game with himself, which is a dangerous game. But I know how he feels. I think we all "what if" when something so freak and tragic happens.
SisMorphine

Postby iluvk9 » January 28th, 2011, 8:32 pm

It is bad enough when you know your dog is going to leave you, but when it happens all of a sudden, it must be heartwrenching.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » January 29th, 2011, 4:21 am

How horrible :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » January 30th, 2011, 12:59 am

:sad2: Awww that is just awful, RIP little Hailey
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Our Departed Friends