Goodbye my friend

Postby mnp13 » September 14th, 2011, 11:06 am

I don't know where to start with this post, there is so much to say that I could write a book... but nothing seems adequate. I'm sure that I'll add more to this later, I'm just numb right now.

I spoke to Christine's daughter this morning; Christine passed away unexpectedly yesterday. I set up an account for Caroline so that she may post if she'd like to.

It's hard to articulate the impact that Christine had on my life, and on our forum as a whole. She kept to herself in many ways, but in regards to the dogs - hers and everyone else's - she was the single most giving person I have ever "met."

I am a better person to have known her.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » September 14th, 2011, 11:16 am

I believe we are all better people for having known Christine. This is a sad morning, our world lost a beautiful light.

Christine, I know you are with Jessica and Mick. Please give them both a kiss and hug for me. Be at peace until we meet again.
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » September 14th, 2011, 11:17 am

Goodnight Christine. May your heart be whole again.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Tubular Toby » September 14th, 2011, 11:19 am

=( I just don't even know what to say...
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby TinaMartin » September 14th, 2011, 11:32 am

OMG! This breaks my heart! Christine was a wonderful person. I cant tell you what a wonderful Fairy Dog mother she was to my 2. Every now and then I would find a surprise at my door with goodies she thought Gator and Sorsha would enjoy. Kaydra would get all excited and go through the box with me. Christine was kind and thoughtful person. Rest peacefully. :cry: :( :cry:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Hoyden » September 14th, 2011, 11:41 am

For some reason, Christine has been in the forefront of my mind for the last week. I have been packing for our move and found more of the presents that she sent to Gremlin with Mick on them. Gremlin still wears the pendent with Mick & a small pit bull pendant that Christine gave her on a ball chain along with her dog tags. She's worn them for years now. Each night, they are hung on her little shrine/alter that has pictures of the dogs & people that she keeps in her prayers.

A friend saw the magnet on my fridge with Mick & palm fronds that says, "Love is, above all, the gift of oneself." last year and gave me a set of sterling silver palm frond earrings for being a good friend even when it meant I just listened because I was too sick to do much else. I wear them often & have been searching for a pendant to match them.

Mark tried to remove that magnet last year and Gremlin pitched a temper tantrum, so it has stayed, our daily reminder that love is the best gift to give to others we care about.

As much as hearing of her death hurts, I know that in my heart she is with Mick and Jessica. Christine will not pass another fall with the heartache of missing them, instead she will be with them. When I told Gremlin that Christine was sick last year, she told me that Mick's Mommy had a broken heart.

Rest peacefully my friend, you are now with those that you missed so much. Know that even though we never met you in person, you have touched our lives and taught us valuable lessons in kindness, caring, perseverance and unconditional love that we will always carry with us.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 14th, 2011, 11:44 am

No matter what I say, it won't be adequate to express the loss to our community that this is. Christine was such a giving person, always thinking of others before herself. She was such a pure soul and I feel honored to have been able to call her a friend.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » September 14th, 2011, 12:05 pm

I keep trying to post and I can't. I have no words. I have pain, tears, and no words.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby BigDogBuford » September 14th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Sometimes there's just nothing to say. This seems to be one of those times. The stars will shine a little brighter tonight.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby pitsnok » September 14th, 2011, 12:55 pm

I have no words...
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » September 14th, 2011, 1:04 pm

SisMorphine wrote:I keep trying to post and I can't. I have no words. I have pain, tears, and no words.

Exactly.
Stunned.......Angered............Inwardly Flailing.
My Dear, Dear, Friend.
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Malli » September 14th, 2011, 1:53 pm

Oh! so sad :( She was a lovely lady who enjoyed brightening people's days, really, just so very kind.

I'm really taken aback, kind of, broadsided.

She was very kind to Oscar and I, a lovely fairy dog mother, obviously someone who liked to spread joy...

very very sad.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Klopfer » September 14th, 2011, 2:31 pm

Rest in peace, Christine :(
Ruhe in Frieden, Christine :(
They say "fighting dogs" grab on and never let go; and it's the truth! Smokey grabbed my heart and never let go.

http://www.schuldig-geboren.de
Klopfer
Just Whelped

Postby Violet » September 14th, 2011, 3:32 pm

I can only believe that an earthbound angel got her wings. My heart is truly broken. You will be missed my dear friend.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby fenella » September 14th, 2011, 3:36 pm

I am so saddened to hear about Christine. She remained so strong, in the face of unimaginable tragedy. Rest in peace, as you are reunited with those you've lost along the way.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » September 14th, 2011, 3:57 pm

This news is devastating. Christine showed me more kindness than any person I have ever known and was a huge support in Sofie's fight with cancer. I'm just so emotionally taken, the world lost a beautiful soul. However as it has been said she will not have to suffer another sad fall season she is now with those she loves.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby CinderDee » September 14th, 2011, 4:20 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:I keep trying to post and I can't. I have no words. I have pain, tears, and no words.

Exactly.
Stunned.......Angered............Inwardly Flailing.
My Dear, Dear, Friend.

I have no words either. It is so sudden. :cry:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » September 14th, 2011, 5:54 pm

All I can say is that I am hoping my version of Heaven is accurate, because then Christine, Jessica and Mick are now together.

Good-bye, Christine.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pocketpit » September 14th, 2011, 6:33 pm

I can't say anything that has not already been said. She's touched so many lives and we will all miss her. I'm stunned, sad and happy all at the same time.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby hugapitbull » September 14th, 2011, 6:40 pm

ChristineVisit.jpg

The photo is of Christine and her daughter, Caroline, taken in July. We had the pleasure of meeting Christine and her crew this summer, and today I am so very thankful that we did. It was a special day in our lives to have met the lady who had meant so much to both of us. She offered undying support when Trouble was diagnosed with cancer, she was a strong presence when we so desperately needed it.

What can I say that will make a difference, that hasn't been said? She was a generous and caring person, a private person, a strong person. I can only hope she is now at peace. She has had a very hard and trying several months. She will be missed by many, yet will forever remain in those hearts.

**NOTE TO JENN - thank you for calling to check on me. Even if you did end up being the bearer of bad news. I appreciate that you thought of me. Now more than ever, it is important to let those who touch your life know they make a difference. Thank you girl, you're the best!**
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Next

Return to Our Departed Friends