RIP Buckskin pit boy

Postby msvette2u » February 26th, 2007, 6:34 pm

He was only about 5 mos. w/a mix of puppy teeth and adult teeth. He'd been picked up as a stray.
I'm sorry - I already know everyone is full to the brim and so am I, so we chose to put this guy down, we are in the middle of BSL country.
I kinda hate to even post this but I hope that the people who want to breed their pit bulls can realize that even babies get PTS in shelters.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » February 26th, 2007, 7:03 pm

oh that's so sad. He looked like such a sweet little fellow. Rest well boy
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby msvette2u » February 26th, 2007, 7:05 pm

He was...that's the point. There's just not enough responsible people out there and all the rescues are full up to their necks :cry: I'm so frustrated. And there's another waiting, I didn't put him down today. He's a rottie X...I did email some folks to see but I am not holding my breath. We (at our house) are full and have 2 waiting to come in on Wednesday already...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby clutch billups » February 26th, 2007, 7:19 pm

terrible... but a fact of life none the less i tears me up in side to here all these stories but im using as a motivation to act to step up and do something ... how does one fund a no kill rescue where there isnt one is there gov grants ?is it all donation?? i am working on purchesing a piece of land for just such a place but my financiall situation hasnt alowed and im sick of just standing on the sidelines while good dogs..and pups get put down i just keep saying theres power in numbers and together we can make that kind of thing happen ...
you will all know me as the one that dedicated his life to pit bulls and there rights (or lack there of ) we can beat ignorance
clutch billups
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » February 26th, 2007, 7:26 pm

Before we talk "no kill" we need to talk spay/neuter. There's just not enough homes out there for all the dogs being born daily.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby clutch billups » February 26th, 2007, 7:37 pm

yea definetly theres a shortage of folks that do that but at a no kill refuge i would have all my pits spayd neutered for sure ...
you will all know me as the one that dedicated his life to pit bulls and there rights (or lack there of ) we can beat ignorance
clutch billups
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » February 26th, 2007, 9:06 pm

No kill rescues are NOT a good idea. Why make a dog sit for months or years in a kennel waiting for a home that never appears? Is that any life for a dog? There are too many dogs sitting in shelters that are worthy of good homes, what about dogs with bad temperments, do we keep them alive too?

Run free sweet boy. :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby clutch billups » February 26th, 2007, 9:29 pm

i sense some hostility there.... if you think for one second that my dogs would sit in kennells all day well yea you dont know me .... and yea i will keep agressive dogs but they wont stay aggressive becouse i will give them a stable environment to live in they will be challenged... you know what i feel like im beating my head off a wall here i got off on the wrong foot with one other member and well the rest is history now im made out to be some idiot witch is fine really but im tellin ya im gunna follow my heart and im gunna do with my life what i know i was put here to do and i really dont care if a few people think im an idiot or dont agree with me along the way becouse for every one that doesnt agree with me theres five more out there that do and id say thats good odds ...i hope you guys have fun on your forum but i refuse to be spoken down to so i will not take part in it any more thanks for your time guys .....
clutch billups
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » February 26th, 2007, 9:36 pm

The fact is that no-kill shelters are not the key. Spay/neuter is the key.
There's no where to put them all and it would be warehousing. I'm not into that either.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 26th, 2007, 9:46 pm

On February 26 2007, 7:29 PM, clutch billups wrote:i sense some hostility there.... if you think for one second that my dogs would sit in kennells all day well yea you dont know me .... and yea i will keep agressive dogs but they wont stay aggressive becouse i will give them a stable environment to live in they will be challenged... you know what i feel like im beating my head off a wall here i got off on the wrong foot with one other member and well the rest is history now im made out to be some idiot witch is fine really but im tellin ya im gunna follow my heart and im gunna do with my life what i know i was put here to do and i really dont care if a few people think im an idiot or dont agree with me along the way becouse for every one that doesnt agree with me theres five more out there that do and id say thats good odds ...i hope you guys have fun on your forum but i refuse to be spoken down to so i will not take part in it any more thanks for your time guys .....

First, you really need to grow some thicker skin!! I am speaking of fact, plain, hard fact. Hostility? Yeah, perhaps, but not towards you. Bad temperment cannot be loved & cuddled away. Sometimes it can be controlled but not always. Bad BEHAVIOUR can be trained away, bad tempermetn....good luck with that. You REALLY need to learn about dog behaviour..and NOT just on tv. AND you might want to take a look at the shelter situation here in this country while you are at it. And you might want to learn about THIS breed as well. You have a LOT to learn about the reality of this breed and the state it is in.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » February 26th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Yes - I agree- "no kill" is a knee-jerk reaction, and a bandaid on a bleeding artery. You can't kiss that boo-boo away. No kill shelters would not TAKE dogs like this - they routinely turn people away and then people resort to dumping their pet at a kill shelter or alongside a road somewhere. That's probably where this one was found.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 26th, 2007, 9:52 pm

And if you are serious about your rescue, I wish you luck with it. But PLEASE, be realialistic and do your research.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby randi81 » February 27th, 2007, 12:26 am

On February 26 2007, 8:52 PM, msvette2u wrote:Yes - I agree- "no kill" is a knee-jerk reaction, and a bandaid on a bleeding artery. You can't kiss that boo-boo away. No kill shelters would not TAKE dogs like this - they routinely turn people away and then people resort to dumping their pet at a kill shelter or alongside a road somewhere. That's probably where this one was found.

the shelter i got saydee from is "no-kill". i was told the ONLY time they euth is when the dogs fail temperament tests, + looking at that place, i TRULY believe it! all but 7 out of a lil over 300 dogs are pit bulls. they ran out of room to the point where they have dogs in the employee lunch room (where saydee + i had our "meet + greet"), in the bathrooms, closets, locker rooms, etc.
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby clutch billups » February 27th, 2007, 12:53 am

wow, im impressed i really am ,i watched a ceasar millan dvd once and ive seen a couple episodes and im catching guff for it funny really ... why is it that yall think cesar is such a threat ...is it couse he uses metheds your not used to or what?? you said something about letting his pack off leash in public and one day its gunna be a big mess ... well id like to know why you think that?? maybe you could enlighten me ? now i dont follow his every move but i havent seen anything yet that i thought was a issue ... maybe i wouldnt do it but im in america and i dont think that makes it wrong so ...and im not trying to be cocky im really curious
clutch billups
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » February 27th, 2007, 1:06 am

This is a memorial thread. If you would like to hear views on Ceaser Milan, please start a new thread in the training section.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » February 27th, 2007, 8:54 am

And you can do a search on our site for Cesar -- he's been discussed a few times. :)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 2nd, 2007, 9:54 pm

RIP handsome little man... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Our Departed Friends