Toy Reviews

Reference section for insurance info, dog friendly hotels, finding apartments, etc.

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 18th, 2008, 9:42 pm

no idea, Layla's cracked marrow bones. I still havent found anything that she hasnt broken. :|
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 18th, 2008, 9:51 pm

I swear by Nylabones.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 18th, 2008, 9:55 pm

destroyed.

I'm telling you, she's a serial killer :nono:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby call2arms » July 31st, 2008, 11:01 am

I don't like the Cool Kong, Jessie gets the rope right out of it when playing tug of war, it's a pain. Instead, I found this one, I believe it's from Nylabone:Image

I'm actually able to tie it on the fence and let her tug to her heart's content, without breaking the toy and my arms. She goes nuts and makes crazy noises.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SLS61185 » August 3rd, 2008, 1:38 am

Extreme large black Kong lasted two weeks. Patch tore the top of it off finally. Can't decide if I wanna spend the $20 and get the XL one now or not.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby adoptanapbt » August 6th, 2008, 10:10 pm

That Michael Vick chew toy that was sold a while back...

Well, first of all my then-boyfriend ordered in in Oct or Nov and it got here in May (by which time he was an ex, but that's another story... ). Obviously, someone cashed in on the Vick hate bandwagon (how many metaphors did I just mangle?) and didn't realize how many people would order the stupid things.

So, we get to the other night. The poor dogs are seriously neglected while I try to finish painting/sanding/etc, so I give Lola the Vick toy and she goes to town on it. When it was time for bed, I took it away from her. As much as I like the idea of a legless, handless Michael Vick, now I have to worry about Lola getting blocked by pieces of that stupid cheap toy! :doh: Luckily, she ate fine today and no vomiting/constipation so far.

My bad for not watching her, but for a toy that advertises itself as a great training toy for all dogs, what a load of ... :bs:
Desdemona, CGC (FS APBT 5/05)
Aggie (aka Demonspawn), PITA (MN flame point Siamese/DSH 12/06)
Beanie, PITA in training (MN flame point Siamese/DSH 7/07)

http://www.merideprettyoneday.blogspot.com
adoptanapbt
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LaylaMommy » September 9th, 2008, 1:49 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
I like the Leo, though...if I give you some money, do you think you could pick one up for me?

Sure...I'll just make sure to do a run by that store one day on my way down to Laurel...:)

What store might this be? I work out in HoCo and LOVE to spend lunchtime shopping for all the children (2-legged AND 4-legged) :bump:
LaylaMommy
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » September 9th, 2008, 6:56 pm

LaylaMommy wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:Sure...I'll just make sure to do a run by that store one day on my way down to Laurel...:)

What store might this be? I work out in HoCo and LOVE to spend lunchtime shopping for all the children (2-legged AND 4-legged) :bump:

I didn't know you lived near us!

The store is called Bark! and is Clarksville, right off of 32 and 108...in the same shopping center as Roots and Nest...there is a Wendy's right there too. I'll look to see if they have a website.

So...you're in HoCo...or do you just work there? I live in Carroll County but teach classes in Laurel. :| When are you coming to agility with us in Laurel? :wave2: Or coming over for a playdate? ;)

ETA website:
http://www.barknatural.com/
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LaylaMommy » September 10th, 2008, 3:20 pm

I work out in HoCo, but I live in AACo (pretty close to Katrina actually!). That's funny. I called Bark! today to see if they had some food in stock. He then proceeded to *not* tell me why two other foods are better than the food I wanted. Ten minutes later when I got off the phone I decided not to even go because I figured it would take an hour after he got me in the store. Plus I was a little put off by his, "I wouldn't do that if I were you" attitude.

I ended up taking a quick little trip to Pet Barn off of Rt. 29 (National Drive). What an AMAZING store! They even have doggie pastries in a glass case. Their collars are beautiful. Quite the fancy-schmansy place! Since Layla's new love is peanut butter, I picked her up some natural PB biscuits and the dog food. Well, and a toy. In short, the trip cost me $50. Ooops!

I don't know if I'm coordinated enough for agility. But, I'm certainly up for a play date! BTW, do you ever talk to Annette? She seems to have dropped off the face of the earth! :|
Jenny - Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/jenniferm1702

A Dog is the only thing on this earth, that Loves You more than he Loves Himself...

Proud Mommy of Jake the Super Special Rottie, Layla the bouncing Pit Bull, and Bella the Wonder-Kid!
LaylaMommy
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » September 10th, 2008, 4:39 pm

Pet Barn is very nice, they're a sponsor of Fidos...so we do puppy outings there quite often. ;) I don't like their policy concerning collars and "wearables" however...they cannot be returned (so just be careful of that!).

I forgot you were a friend of Annette's... :doh: Silly me!

Yeah, I talk to her some...but not often. She's between jobs...so she's been working on finding a new one lately!

And heck...we have clients in wheelchairs doing agility...so anyone can do it! Besides, my class is "just for fun"...stop by sometime...we're just down the street from Pet Barn (198 & I-95).
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaMommy » September 10th, 2008, 7:31 pm

Everlasting FUN Ball by StarMark is a Godsend!!! I stuffed some "too large" treats in the middle...INSTANT OCCUPIED!

You can buy online at:
http://www.amazon.com/StarMark-TCEFBL-Everlasting-Ball-Large/dp/B0009YHTYC

-Jenny :bananaDance:
Jenny - Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/jenniferm1702

A Dog is the only thing on this earth, that Loves You more than he Loves Himself...

Proud Mommy of Jake the Super Special Rottie, Layla the bouncing Pit Bull, and Bella the Wonder-Kid!
LaylaMommy
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » November 10th, 2008, 12:25 am

Pit bull vs. Vibram ball

http://www.helpingudders.com/Vibram2.htm

Also recommended on the same site:

Chewber (I've seen these in action...seem durable)
http://www.helpingudders.com/Chewber.htm

TheRedQueen

Postby katiek0417 » November 10th, 2008, 7:55 pm

I've been using hte Vibram ball as a reward with Nemo....
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby furever_pit » November 11th, 2008, 1:04 am

katiek0417 wrote:I've been using hte Vibram ball as a reward with Nemo....

I saw several people using the Vibram ball at the Schutzhund trial I went to last week. I def want one!
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » November 11th, 2008, 1:23 pm

furever_pit wrote:
katiek0417 wrote:I've been using hte Vibram ball as a reward with Nemo....

I saw several people using the Vibram ball at the Schutzhund trial I went to last week. I def want one!

Nemo LOVES it...and it seems to be one of the few that actually holds up to the tugging, etc...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Mooncalf2 » February 15th, 2009, 7:22 pm

Duke's ropes have to be put up unless we're playing tug-a-war, which sucks because they are his favorite..balls he tears to pieces, but the best toys I have found so far is a nylabone called Galileo at Petco. There are two sizes, and they are about $12 and $18? in that area...I got him the small one first, and it lasted about 4 months at which at I tossed it because it was really dirty. They are solid, so they can't just get get a tooth in it and rip it to pieces. The other is a brand called zogoflex. I got him the ball and he just loves it. We've had it for a couple months now and it's still not destroyed, which is amazing. They have different toys, you'll just look them up.. :mrgreen:
Mooncalf2
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » April 1st, 2009, 5:28 pm

Shorty and Tucker's new FAVOURITE toy!!!

http://www.caninehardware.com/products/ ... yers.html#

They LOVE it and chased them around the dog room for a good solid hour. Now they're both snoring and the toys are none-the-worse for wear. Of course, they weren't allowed to just chew & destroy -- I kept tossing the toys. I don't know how well the toys will hold up to just chewing, but the ropes are pretty tightly-braided and the rubber ball is thicker than most cheap toys.

I found them at a local store.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » April 1st, 2009, 5:30 pm

Those faces scare me! :shocker:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » April 1st, 2009, 5:32 pm

:lol3: Yeah, they are pretty weird.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » April 7th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Do you guys think the udder toys could be used on a springpole?
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Living with your Pit Bull