Modesto, CA - house for rent

Reference section for insurance info, dog friendly hotels, finding apartments, etc.

Postby HappyPuppy » August 2nd, 2010, 7:36 pm

We have FINALLY gotten my Dad's house in Modesto all fixed up and ready to rent. On the off chance that someone on here lives may be looking in Modesto, it's a 3 bedroom on a cul de sac with a fair amount of yard. Park nearby and 3 schools. We are allowing pets and kids if well behaved.
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby geisthexe » September 6th, 2010, 8:53 pm

Good luck and GREAT you are offering the home up with dogs.
I am from Cali so how is it over?
I can say I do not miss it ..

Best of luck getting a renter
~!~ Deb ~!~
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesnt merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
geisthexe
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » September 7th, 2010, 3:36 am

Not to be negative but I would be very picky about tenants with either.
As a new landlord it has become all to clear to me just how quickly a damage deposit can be used up; for example, we have engineered hardwood floors in our bachelor suite, its probably about average size - the main room may be 200-300 sq. feet, our damage deposit is 1/2 months rent, so its $300; this wouldn't even cover the cost of the materials to replace the floor, let alone the potential installation costs (we'd probably end up doing it ourselves). So, we don't allow pets :neutral:
I would really like to, but the potential for one tenant's pet to wrack up $1000's in damage is sizeable, and -as I've already experienced, it isn't always obvious initially what someone is really like. Yes, you can take them to court, but in canada that costs US money and going is no gurantee we'd win or that they would have the money for any potential costs.
It kind of sucks, because I would like to pass having pets on to others, since I had several landlords that allowed me when I rented.

anyway, just a heads up...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby HappyPuppy » September 8th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm still (mostly) happy with Californina LOL. Yeah, I really debated on whether or not to allow pets.... threw it out to the forums and it was unanimously recommended that I DO allow pets, so we are trying it. Got an inquiry the other day with a couple and 2 cats but no update yet on whether there was a committment.
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » December 28th, 2010, 4:10 pm

So we did end up renting to the family with the cats.... :) But, we are using Heritage Property management for our "Star Oak Ct" house should anyone want to inquire in the future. I just read someone's intro from Sept elluding to Modesto being un-pit-friendly... I wasn't fully aware of that...but at least we can support the cause ourselves in our small way = we changed insurance companies in order tobe all dog breed friendly!!
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Return to Living with your Pit Bull