Rochester Apt hunt

Reference section for insurance info, dog friendly hotels, finding apartments, etc.

Postby jcoffey917 » January 1st, 2011, 11:24 pm

I'm looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment for March 1st in the city. I live in a house right by Highland park now and I love the area, but both of my roommates are moving in with their boyfriends in March. I'm pretty open as far as the area, as long as I feel safe- but I've been mostly looking in the Highland park area, park ave, southwedge, and corn hill. I would rather be in an apartment in a house instead of a complex, which I figure will be easier to find since it needs to be Pit friendly. I know a few of you had said that you knew landlords in the area. Any help would be appreciated, I'm having a hard time finding pit friendly places on a student's budget.
jcoffey917
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » January 12th, 2011, 2:21 pm

Any luck yet?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DemoDick » January 12th, 2011, 9:14 pm

Michelle and I have room for you out here in the country. The commute is a bitch, but you have the added benefit of being around me, and I smell good and am basically awesome. The household is very safe as I have loaded guns, knives and a few swords stashed everywhere and the dogs eat errant burglars. They would probably learn that you're not a burglar within a couple weeks or so, with some training (don't look them in the eye). Also, my new bagpipes should be here in March and I will be practicing quite a bit to break them in and get up to speed.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby amazincc » January 12th, 2011, 9:20 pm

DemoDick wrote:Michelle and I have room for you out here in the country. The commute is a bitch, but you have the added benefit of being around me, and I smell good and am basically awesome. The household is very safe as I have loaded guns, knives and a few swords stashed everywhere and the dogs eat errant burglars. They would probably learn that you're not a burglar within a couple weeks or so, with some training (don't look them in the eye). Also, my new bagpipes should be here in March and I will be practicing quite a bit to break them in and get up to speed.

Demo Dick

I'm going to seriously FIGHT her for that room. :shock:

LMAO
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby DemoDick » January 12th, 2011, 9:24 pm

Oh, no need to fight. We have other rooms. You guys just have to be cool with "clothing optional" piping.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
DemoDick

Postby amazincc » January 12th, 2011, 9:27 pm

DemoDick wrote:Oh, no need to fight. We have other rooms. You guys just have to be cool with "clothing optional" piping.

Demo Dick

As long as you guys are okay with "clothing optional" cooking... :| :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Hoyden » January 12th, 2011, 9:28 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Demo

Your house and mine sound alike sans the bag pipes.

Well, we have trumpets. As far as Mark & the dog are concerned, they both sound best when heard from across a large body of water, preferably the Atlantic Ocean.

Gremlin got a BB gun for Christmas, so she's been bending over backwards to earn time to target shoot. (It has a trigger lock on it because other kids are dumb.)
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby jcoffey917 » January 14th, 2011, 12:12 am

:ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Man, it's too bad I didn't see this offer earlier!

I did find a place off Park Ave in the city. A 1 bedroom opened up in the same house that my sister is in, so I'll be living downstairs from her. No extra pet fees, and as long as the dog is friendly he doesn't care what the breed is. :confetti: I never thought it would be as hard it was to find a landlord that didn't have breed restrictions.
jcoffey917
Just Whelped

Postby DemoDick » January 14th, 2011, 11:14 am

jcoffey917 wrote::ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Man, it's too bad I didn't see this offer earlier!

I did find a place off Park Ave in the city. A 1 bedroom opened up in the same house that my sister is in, so I'll be living downstairs from her. No extra pet fees, and as long as the dog is friendly he doesn't care what the breed is. :confetti: I never thought it would be as hard it was to find a landlord that didn't have breed restrictions.

It was relatively easy for me to find a place, but landlords love having people in my line of work as tenants. I'm pretty sure I could have shown up with a tiger in my car and gotten in to most houses.

You're going to miss a lot of fun times with the nude cooking and bagpiping, swordfights and backyard bonfires. That kind of wholesome family fun doesn't fly in Hipsterville, USA.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby amazincc » January 14th, 2011, 6:24 pm

DemoDick wrote:You're going to miss a lot of fun times with the nude cooking and bagpiping, swordfights and backyard bonfires. That kind of wholesome family fun doesn't fly in Hipsterville, USA.

Demo Dick

:dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Hoyden » January 14th, 2011, 9:44 pm

DemoDick wrote:You're going to miss a lot of fun times with the nude cooking and bagpiping, swordfights and backyard bonfires. That kind of wholesome family fun doesn't fly in Hipsterville, USA.

Demo Dick

Well, as long as you don't cook OUTSIDE in the nude, Hipsterville, USA can adapt.

They all come out to watch when we had SCA Heavy List fight practice at our house. They've gotten used to us building catapults to hurl things (usually stuffed cats) over the neighbors arborvitaes two houses over.

They point at our house and tell their family we are strange because we have a castle in the back yard and that the man that lives there chased burglars through the woods with a spiked war club yelling for them to come back so he could beat the crap out of them.

Keep your clothes on when outside and Hipsterville, USA will get used to it. They'll even bring beer and smores when you build huge bonfires in the back yard.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Return to Living with your Pit Bull