Canidae Responds To Acetaminophen Test Results

Postby cheekymunkee » September 5th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Canidae Responds To Acetaminophen Test Results
Posted on Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 at 1:25 pm in News for Cats, Dogs & Owners, National Dog, Cat & Pet Info, Dogs, Cats, Pet Food Recalls & Safety.
By Emily Huh
Expertox, a Texas lab, claimed they found acetaminophen in a mixed sample of two different dry dog foods. Internet reports claim that the two dog foods that were sent to Expertox were Canidae.

We spoke to a Canidae spokesperson this morning. He said they received the Expertox lab results yesterday.

This morning the company sent out samples of the dry dog food kibbles in question, and individual supplements in their food to various independent labs for testing.

The Canidae spokesperson said the original email from the woman who tested the sample said the production dates of the two dog foods were July 6 and July 7. Canidae said they did not have any pet food with a production date of July 7 because it was on a Saturday after the July 4th weekend.

Yesterday, Canidae received a picture bearing the production codes on the tested bags of food to Canidae. The spokesperson said the production dates of the food tested were actually June dates instead of July dates as she originally said.

The Canidae spokesperson also said the tested sample is from Wyoming, and there is only one Canidae distributor in the state of Wyoming. He said the last shipment of Canidae to that Wyoming store was on May 29, so that means the lot codes that the store would carry would be in the mid-late May time frame and not in June or July.

He suspected the food sample was actually purchased in Colorado.

The Canidae spokerperson said no one has reported a pet getting sick from eating any of the company’s pet food.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » September 5th, 2007, 4:17 pm

I didn't look it up, but isn't that Aspirin?? :?
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » September 5th, 2007, 4:18 pm

way to deflect the accusations... it doesn't matter where the food came from or what the lot numbers were. If it's their food and if it was not tampered with, then what is the reason for the chemical being in the food?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » September 5th, 2007, 4:27 pm

On September 05 2007, 3:17 PM, Jenn wrote:I didn't look it up, but isn't that Aspirin?? :?

Tylenol
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pet Food Recall