Timberwolf Dakota Bison/Ocean Blue Reported Issues

Postby Marinepits » June 4th, 2008, 6:46 am

http://timberwolforganics.com/News-and-Events

News & Events

Dakota Bison/Ocean Blue Reported Issues

Timberwolf Organics Customer,

Due to recent reports from some customers, we have ordered that two formulas from three specific dates be pulled from the shelves. These are:

Dakota Bison with 'best by date' of 12 Feb 2009
Ocean Blue with 'best by date' of 20 Feb 2009
Ocean Blue with best by date' of 8 March 2009

The reported symptoms include dogs refusing to eat, diarrhea or vomiting. While the problem is inconsistent (not every dog eating food from those dates/bag show the symptoms and not every bag), to err on the side of caution have decided to pull the formulas produced with the above dates. Initial testing has come back negative for problems and further testing is pending results.

As soon as the cause of this reported problem is determined procedures will be put into place to ensure that an event like this cannot happen again. Please be assured that no other formulas and Ocean Blue and Dakota Bison with dates other than ones listed above are not affected.

We apologize for any inconvenience or problems that this may have resulted in. If you do have a bag with those dates please contact the retailer you purchased it from for an exchange or credit. If you purchased it directly from us please give us a call or email us at customer.support@timberwolforganics.com.

Thank you for choosing Timberwolf Organics.

Sincerely,

Timberwolf Organics Team

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 4th, 2008, 9:55 pm

I'm so glad I saw this....Satin eats Dakota Bison and she threw up Saturday night and again tonight. I was starting to get so worried about her after tonight's puking. Now I will change her food and keep an eye on her. I'm so mad! This is supposed to be a good food and it makes my baby sick
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Jenn » June 4th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Uh oh, hope she's feeling better ASAP!

PS ~ good to see ya :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 4th, 2008, 10:01 pm

Hey Jenn!
What should I get her tomorrow? I'm kind of afraid to get more Timberwolf. My poor girl!
I know I've been MIA, thanks to the one year old! He is walking around and into EVERYTHING!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Jenn » June 4th, 2008, 10:27 pm

Did you check the date on your bag? I'd definitely contact them, and get a replacement bag. Even if your not going to feed it to her anymore, you may still want to gradually switch her over with a small bag. :|
Seems like there are so many decent dog foods, if your going to change ~ I'd weigh my options first on what was an alternative food that I'd like to feed, and then narrow it down by what's available in my area. Does Satin have allergies?

I can't believe he is a year old already, we need to see some pictures!
Jenn
undecided

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 5th, 2008, 1:08 pm

We don't have the bag anymore, the food is in her sealed container, but we're pretty sure this is it. It's definitely the Bison. Does anyone know of a way we can send it out to have it tested? Labs we could send it to?
She doesn't have any allergies, the Pet Barn near us has most of the top foods, just not sure which to get now. I will get on those pictures!!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Jenn » June 5th, 2008, 4:09 pm

I don't know about the lab part.. Poor Satin :( Does she seem to be feeling better today?
Jenn
undecided

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 5th, 2008, 6:35 pm

Yes, since she has not eaten the food she is better. I gave her some cooked bison burger and rice and she has kept it down and is seeming more like her old self. Makes me more convinced the Timberwolf was making her sick... :puke:
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » June 5th, 2008, 9:41 pm

What a scare! Glad Satin seems okay now...

AND WHERE ARE THE BABY PICTURES???? OR IS HE IN COLLEGE ALREADY??? :rolleyes2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 6th, 2008, 7:49 am

Ok, I was working on resizing them because the message said they were too big. They are posted now in Gallery.

I think Satin is feeling like her old self again (thank goodness!) I think my poor baby had a tummy ache
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » June 6th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Yep, I saw the baby photos! :heartbeat:

Hope Satin continues to improve and the crisis is over.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 6th, 2008, 5:48 pm

I want to know what was wrong with the food darnit! It almost seemed like a food poisoning type of situation since most dogs were either puking or having diarrhea
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Return to Pet Food Recall