Math Question

Keep yourself busy at work!

Postby jmashaney » December 7th, 2007, 11:02 pm

8th grade! I make them do logic puzzles all the time, too.

Anything involving reasoning or problem solving, really. Gotta get them out of the "video game" rut and into some creativity.

Plus, right now we're doing intro to algebra and equations...mostly writing equations from word problems...and THAT one is awesome.

Of course, I don't expect any but the top few to get it, so we will go over it as a class to investigate how it works.

I also gave them an "impossible puzzle" to solve. I'll find the link to the website so you can see...it has 250,000 incorrect solutions, and only 45 correct ones! It drives them insane, no one has figured it out yet, (except Paul, butthead) and they ask to work on it anytime we have a spare moment.

yeesh. I was rambling. Sorry, I just LOVE my kids.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » December 7th, 2007, 11:14 pm

I LOVE a teacher who cares about their students... I "aced" my second year in seventh grade because my Math teacher was very good at making math interesting and engaging even to those of us who had a really hard time w/it. I am now an exceptionally GOOD bargain hunter! Thank You, Mr. Stolka! :greenWave:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » December 9th, 2007, 3:23 pm

On November 29 2007, 9:15 PM, St.Death wrote::| I can count to purple :greenWave:

hahahaha!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Previous

Return to Fun and Games