What does your dog breed say about you?

Keep yourself busy at work!

Postby gayrghts » June 15th, 2008, 4:56 am

Does having a certain dog say something about you?

Although there is not scientific proof many people believe that is does.

So what kind of dog do you have?

A French Bulldog? If so, were you the class clown and life of the party?

How about a Miniature Schnauzer? If so, are you considered strict and highly organized?

Or maybe you have a Basset Hound. If so, are you laid back and enjoy the comforts of home.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/what-does- ... page1.aspx
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » June 15th, 2008, 8:45 am

Ummm...that I'm crazy? :crazy2:

34. Australian Shepherd – Australian Shepherd owners are active and love the outdoors. They like nothing better than spending time at the beach or park playing Frisbee. They are very expressive in their communications and love to talk. They can be quite competitive and have lots of friends. They have an enviable zest for life. Favorite TV show: anything on ESPN.

ESPN? Bah! :cheeky3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby katiek0417 » June 15th, 2008, 9:43 am

It doesn't say anything about me....Belgian Malinois isn't up there.... :| I mean, why do I always have to feel so left out of things?
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby KJS » June 15th, 2008, 11:25 am

The Saint Bernard one does not suit me at all so....

Bull Dog – Most bull dog owners love to laugh and be silly but some have a stubborn streak. They like to do things in their own time and in their own way. They are very methodical and look for the easiest and most efficient way to get things done. They love their family dearly and can be very romantic. They have a sentimental streak and love to sit in front of the TV with a big bowl of popcorn.
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » June 15th, 2008, 11:51 am

katiek0417 wrote:It doesn't say anything about me....Belgian Malinois isn't up there.... :| I mean, why do I always have to feel so left out of things?

Don't feel bad. I was left out on both counts.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » June 15th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Labrador:

1. Labrador Retriever –

Labrador retriever owners are always looking for fun things to do. If necessary, they will gladly provide the fun. (YES)

They love all sports, especially water sports. (NO WAY..hate the water, sun and sand.)

These people are known for their kindness, compassionate nature and spontaneity. (I try to be kind.)

They will try anything, at least once. (Maybe?)

Favorite TV show: Anything on the Outdoor Life Network (No)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Stormy » June 15th, 2008, 9:16 pm

Good thing Slade's a mix cause this doesn't fit me AT ALL

5. Yorkshire terriers – Yorkshire terrier owners tend to be fastidious and very organized. They are independent and enjoy a good debate. They keep a very neat and clean house and dress meticulously. A bad hair day is rare but when it happens, it will ruin the whole day. Favorite TV show: Clean Sweep.

his poodle side fits a little better, except the clean part- my house is a mess and I also don't enjoy fancy restaurants!
Poodles – Poodle owners are sincere and compassionate people. They love passionately and will do anything to help someone in need. They take great pride in their appearance and keep themselves and their homes very clean. They enjoy traveling and fancy restaurants. Favorite TV show: Blow Out.
Mom to Delaney Jade- Pit Bull mix
Little Jack Slade of Okeechobee Hill -Yorkie/Poodle mix. Both were adopted!
Stormy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby BullyLady » June 15th, 2008, 10:33 pm

Great Dane – Owners of Great Danes are good-hearted people with a keen sense of responsibility. They take their life and work seriously and strive to do their very best. They like to keep on top of world events and like to debate important issues with others. They aren't prone to silliness but do enjoy lounging around the house on the weekends. Favorite TV show: 60 Minutes.

Pretty accurate actually!! Except the silliness thing, I actually am pretty silly most of the time. :mrgreen:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby DropkickPA » June 17th, 2008, 10:34 am

26. Bichon Frise – Owners of bichons are clean and neat, especially their hair. They can spend hours in the bathroom primping and preening. They love going on dates, especially to 4-star restaurants and opening nights at the theatre. Some are wine connoisseurs and art aficionados. They are considered good friends and loyal companions. Favorite TV show: Charlie's Angels.

:crazy2:

My mom owns a Bichon. She's a bit of a slob, goes out with bed head all the time, and ther last time she wore make-up other than chapstick was 1969 on her wedding day. She hates dates, alcoholic beverages, and most art. Her idea of a grand dinner out is Bob Evans. My brother has a Corgi, he doesn't fit that description, either.
Dropkick, Dropkid, and Agatha, of course!!
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

Postby pocketpit » June 17th, 2008, 3:06 pm

This was the only breed up there that I own:

Owners of Doberman pinschers are often serious, intense and determined. They are quiet and very stoic and like to be in control. They enjoy learning new things and teaching others. Dobie owners are neat and tidy and strive to get what they want in a polite manner. Favorite TV show: CSI.

I'm not so sure about the "get what they want in a polite manner" part. My dogs are not like that and neither am I :)
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Return to Fun and Games