Donut Head

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby BullyLady » April 13th, 2009, 11:35 pm

Marinepits wrote:A radiation burn is cumulative and basically creates a "hot spot". In order for a hot spot to be cured, it has to dry out. That means nothing can go on it to keep it moist. So, we're just keeping his leg dry and putting on a pressure bandage when it bleeds.

It's called most desquamation, and that's how the doctor knows that the radiation is starting to do it's job and break down cells. Not very pretty, but at least you know that means it's working!!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Marinepits » April 14th, 2009, 3:26 pm

Thank you, BL! I couldn't remember the proper term, LOL. :oops:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby AllAmericanPUP » April 18th, 2009, 3:00 pm

awww poor guy!! your so mean to him lol
he's so cute!
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 19th, 2009, 9:42 pm

Gorgeous shots! I love his face! I have one of those too, but it didn't help mine still could lick with it on where they shouldn't.

PRAYERS for a speedy recovery!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Previous

Return to Canine Cancer