It's Lymphoma Large Cell Type.

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby hugapitbull » June 2nd, 2010, 6:21 am

iluvk9 wrote:Crap....this is not what I wanted to read about our Ella. :(

What I DO know, is that in the next few days, you will gather yourself and become a strong advocate for Ella. She will continue to be loved and get wonderful care. And that is what life is all about. :hug3:

Now, grab her by her big lovely ears and give her a BIG KISS on the mouth for me. Tell her you will handle this and she will be in the best care imaginable.

This is absolutely the greatest advise - and exactly what you will do. More good thoughts to you and Ella.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby CinderDee » June 2nd, 2010, 9:40 am

hugapitbull wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:Crap....this is not what I wanted to read about our Ella. :(

What I DO know, is that in the next few days, you will gather yourself and become a strong advocate for Ella. She will continue to be loved and get wonderful care. And that is what life is all about. :hug3:

Now, grab her by her big lovely ears and give her a BIG KISS on the mouth for me. Tell her you will handle this and she will be in the best care imaginable.

This is absolutely the greatest advise - and exactly what you will do. More good thoughts to you and Ella.

I couldn't have said it any better than Joyce has. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby luvmypitbull » June 2nd, 2010, 11:31 am

....this is not what I wanted to read about our Ella. :(

Ditto and ditto !! Sending more :goodthoughts: your way !!!

Sharon
luvmypitbull
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » June 2nd, 2010, 12:02 pm

I am sending Miss Ella the most positive, healthy, and healing vibes I possibly can right now. My thoughts are with you guys, I am so sorry for this diagnosis :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby chewbecca » June 2nd, 2010, 2:59 pm

I want to thank everyone for the PMs, emails, and facebook messages. Please forgive me if I do not reply to each one individually, it's not that I do not appreciate them, I do. But I am grieving so badly, and I have this overwhelming sadness that I don't know is ever going to go away.

I had Ella sleep in bed with me last night. A treat she enjoys. She also tends to sleep VERY well in our bed.
But, last night was different.
Ella tossed and turned, moaned, and her breathing was more labored.
She had me up on and off all night because she kept repositioning herself to get comfortable.
When I woke up, she was drooling, heavily. A sign of nausea with her.
We gave her a pepcid (as it was not time yet for her cerenia).
I went to take her outside, and I watched her back leg wobble as she squat to pee.

Then, coming back inside the house, she stopped at the few steps that go from our sun room to our kitchen.
And she looked at me.
She didn't want to go up those steps because it hurt her.
And I knew, once she looked at me.
I bawled and begged and pleaded with her to come up those steps. There were only a few steps. She could do it.
And she did.
But she did it for me, not for herself.
And it was at that moment that I knew, I knew that she was not herself. And all the pieces started fitting together, and I knew it was time.

We let Ella go this morning at 10 am.
Our hearts are beyond broken.
But, with as far as the cancer had progressed in her, and the pain it was causing her, that we knew the only way to beat the cancer was to let her go in peace before it took her.
And she did go peacefully, in our arms, with me, my husband, my father-in-law, our vet, and the vet tech ALL rubbing her.
http://www.ellaslead.com
The only lead you'll ever need.
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Postby PetieMarie22 » June 2nd, 2010, 3:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. So very very sorry. :sad2:
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby madremissy » June 2nd, 2010, 3:13 pm

Oh Rebecca, I am sitting here in tears. I am so sorry for your loss. I will always remember my favorite bat eared girl with the most fondest memories. RIP Miss Ella
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby maberi » June 2nd, 2010, 3:26 pm

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. Ella was a very special girl and was one of the few dogs that got to live a very special life.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Jenn » June 2nd, 2010, 3:28 pm

I am so very sorry, my heart breaks for you. :hug3: :cry:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby BigDogBuford » June 2nd, 2010, 3:28 pm

I wish I had words to make it better. I'm so sorry. *hugs* to you and yours.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby amazincc » June 2nd, 2010, 3:30 pm

Oh, Rebecca... :sad2: :cry: :(

I am sitting here, in tears, mourning this little bat-eared girl I've never met but whose pictures always, always made me smile... and, at the same time, I am admiring "Ellas people" whose extraordinary strength, courage, and love would not allow them to let her suffer for their sake...

I am so very, very sorry... :hug3:

Be at peace now, Ella... and know that you will be missed by many.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » June 2nd, 2010, 3:33 pm

Sleep sweetly Ella.

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug3:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby iluvk9 » June 2nd, 2010, 3:38 pm

Rebecca, you are truly an amazing woman and dog lover. You unselfishly did what many can't. You put Ella first before your own need of having her here in the physical sense. Ella will always remain in your heart and ours.

I am so sorry.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby katiek0417 » June 2nd, 2010, 3:40 pm

I am so, so, so very sorry for your loss. Ella's legacy will live on in those whose lives she touched...

RIP sweet girl!

Hugs to you and your family, Rebecca...:hug3:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby HappyChick » June 2nd, 2010, 3:55 pm

My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby AllAmericanPUP » June 2nd, 2010, 4:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the heartbreak and pain you are all going through. My thoughts are with you.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 2nd, 2010, 4:55 pm

Oh Rebecca...there aren't words to express how I feel right now. Like Christine, I'm sitting here in tears, mourning for a dog and people I've never met in person but who I feel I know anyway. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. You did the humane thing, the right thing, even though it hurt.

RIP Ella...your family and friends loved you very much. :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pitsnok » June 2nd, 2010, 6:03 pm

Although I haven't been here long, I have always been so fond of Ella. She was such a special dog, and although I never met her, or you Rebecca in real life, I know she lived the life all dogs would love to have. You did what all dog owners dread, but your selflessness was the best thing for your Ella girl. I will never forget her goofy ears, and your braveness as an owner.
Tears are shed in Oklahoma for you, tonight. We are all here for you in any way we can be.
:hug3: :hug3: :hug3:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » June 2nd, 2010, 6:43 pm

I am so very sorry. We'll all miss you, Ella.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby hugapitbull » June 2nd, 2010, 6:54 pm

My heart breaks for you. You've made the most difficult decision with grace and with Ella in your heart. You are the hero today. May the beautiful memories soon fill the hole in your heart, and bring the smile back as you remember the special bat ear girl who we all will miss.

RIP sweet Ella, Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer