Dog Cancer Blog web site

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby turtle » September 19th, 2011, 6:43 pm

I looked quickly and did not see this site posted here. I have been looking at it and reading some of the articles and it has some good info.

Here the home page --

http://www.dogcancerblog.com/

And this is the article I started with, about dog food and cancer --

http://www.dogcancerblog.com/dog-food-a ... s-problem/

From the above page, this comment was something I did not know --

"This omega 6 fat excess sets the stage for cancer development, stimulates cancer cell growth, and decreases the body’s natural cancer-fighting abilities."

A good reason to give salmon oil as it has the omega 3 to offset the omega 6. And to stay away from processed commercial dog foods.

My apologies if this was posted before. I hate cancer and it has taken so many lives, both human and canine...
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » September 19th, 2011, 8:09 pm

I think I've also heard that too many omega 6's can cause inflammation in joints rather than help it - I know I read it somewhere when I was looking into feeding flax seed to my horse.

Thanks for sharing the blog. I have run into it a time or two when I was researching Sofie's cancer.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » September 20th, 2011, 5:47 am

turtle wrote:"This omega 6 fat excess sets the stage for cancer development, stimulates cancer cell growth, and decreases the body’s natural cancer-fighting abilities."

I always forget there are different "omega's".
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Canine Cancer