Thank You for Seppel

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby plebayo » January 5th, 2014, 7:26 pm

I've privately messaged Michelle in the past, but it's been 2 years and I would like to thank everyone involved in getting Seppel out here to Oregon. I never had a chance to say thank you, mostly on my part for choosing to leave the board, but it's been two years now and if anyone is still around checking this place - I wanted to say Thank You.

Before Seppel my Pit Bull experience was with friend's dogs and dogs at the clinic. I have liked the breed, but was never really interested in having a strong willed dog. I always thought herders would be my thing. I wanted to take Seppel because Christine was a good friend and helped me out with Sofie's chemo, I figured feeding her dog and caring for him would be a small price to pay in order to pay her back for the kindness she showed me.

Originally I wasn't sure what I was going to do with him other than feed him and love him. In May of 2012 I met Diane Jessup [it is what it is :crazy2: ], and brought Seppel out to watch her and a few friends do some training and I introduced Seppel to the sport of IPO [Schutzhund].

The end of the summer of 2012 we started training IPO down in Salem with an IPO Judge and her brother who has been doing helper work since he was 14 [he's 33 now]. August of 2012 Seppel earned his CGC.

In June of 2013 Seppel had FHO surgery on his right hip. He was dysplastic on the right side and being active was causing him pain. The point of the surgery wasn't so he could continue to do IPO, it was just to make him comfortable so I could wear him out. He's completely returned to his normal self now 7 months out from surgery and I couldn't be happier with the results.

I have a blog that talks about the beginning and our adventures inbetween:
lifewithseppel.blogspot.com

I really appreciate the group effort to have him flown out to Oregon. He has absolutely changed my life - I love the Pit Bull dog and it is the breed I will be sticking with. I have learned SO SO much by having him. He's fairly high energy, we alternate playing ball and running on the treadmill for exercise. He also really loves the flirt pole! He's not super dog aggressive but I don't make it a point to introduce him to other dogs. He would definitely eat a small dog without question. He gets along with Seth and LiLo my other two dogs very well, but I don't leave them home alone together [they are crated separately]. He's also been fine with my cat, but I don't leave them in a room alone together - again as a precaution.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!! Seppel has been an awesome dog to have, I love him to pieces and I feel so lucky to have him. It wouldn't be possible without this board.

Here are some recent pics and video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYzxwPS2h9M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXUiLRJsF48

DSC00774 by criollomare, on Flickr

DSC00078 by criollomare, on Flickr

DSC01840 by criollomare, on Flickr

DSC01454 by criollomare, on Flickr

DSC01489 by criollomare, on Flickr
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby turtle » January 19th, 2014, 7:51 pm

I think Christine would be very happy to know that Seppel is with you! I am not on here much and I am sad to see this forum is so quiet these days.

But Seppel is a lucky dog to be with you. You have given him a great life and he is much loved. I always enjoy hearing about him, he's a good boy. So a big thank you to you too for agreeing to take him in!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby pocketpit » February 2nd, 2014, 7:23 pm

I think Christine would be pleased as well and very proud of what you've done with him.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 2nd, 2014, 10:19 am

I'm very glad that we were able to help him get to you and that he is doing well.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » June 3rd, 2014, 8:39 am

I am glad to hear that he is doing well :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby plebayo » May 5th, 2015, 4:07 pm

I don't know if anyone is interested but Seppel has earned his URO1(rally 1 in UKC), and this past weekend he got his BH!

I may try for an IPO VO with him this year, we have to see how things go. I couldn't be happier with this dog, he is so much fun!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Return to Pit Bull Talk