Lifelong Journey on the Road with Spirit

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby beemerchef » August 1st, 2011, 10:08 am

Jane's smile. Heartfelt. AZ

The miles are running away as we dropped in the heat of July into Tucson for some matters I have to attend. No escape from this and already from a couple days in this urban space I am kicking the ground to get back up North in a few days, by the end of this coming week. The ride was uncommonly for us fast paced, we managed to stay at higher elevation and good fortune was with us even going through Moab with cooler temperatures. Amazing. I personally do not find any feat into running up the numbers on “Old Faithful”, I understand long distance riding is a flavor, it is a flavor we had to a bit taste while 1400 miles went by in three days. It was however a true feat and almost inexplicable feelings when I read on the way, on the first day while resting on the side of the road an e mail send to us (as Spirit is always included) which started as such...
“Ara
I love your website, pictures and Spirit. I too [as Lance did] have terminal cancer and when I am down, all I do is pull up your website. I’m sure Lance was thinking of you as I am of my children and try to encourage them to do all things right and true and keep the Lord in your day...”
Her name is “Jane” and she rode with us for the rest of the way with thoughts ambushing each other with no avail of rest, the impact turned the path upside down as here I was mildly putting it, a bit “unhappy” about our new course, how quickly I felt one can loose it's priorities when voicing such non important aspects of Life. The Journey, the writing, the photos, Spirit, Old Faithful, all the components seemed to have blossomed into others path and so well worth it if even it was to procure one smile, “Jane's smile”.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » August 4th, 2011, 12:59 pm

My “Mistress”, the Road. AZ

Realizations do not take up much time in this element of Life, consciousness does, the inner battle often not wanting fully to realize the deeply rooted presence of an aspect one cannot anymore escape. We are for another day in Tucson, I could not avoid having to come back for some personal matters needing prompt attention, and within this go around here, there is now not an ounce of doubt, a full understanding that we will never be again filled with the ability to remotely survive while the call of the road is left behind. I have surrendered without a battle to such concept as amazing as it could be, seeing a constant horizon ahead with no end in sight, no gates and no doors and no locks as all a free passage even if so the stage is of a universal one, those are the components for a forward momentum too late to now stop. It is as a daily taste which has turned into a must, a need I could say as these days present again are as my breathing is curtailed from the lack of my own personal Life support. We dropped 1400 miles in about 3 days. We managed to stay at higher elevation and Karma took care of us in lower elevations throughout an unusual cool day even going through Moab, Bluff, the lower plains. It was a great ride with the winds carrying us on.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » August 9th, 2011, 8:04 pm

I can think, on Muley Point. UT

Colorado bound, yet cool weather, quick thinking at the last chance, the last intersection I could make a left instead of a right and Muley Point, Utah, it was. A few cars at the first look out, no one at the last one, the one I call “The Point of the Point”. What a gift it has been, great temperatures, a nice wind blowing away, almost cold throughout the night and a few photos, Sunset, Sunrise, a new painting for every moment passed. It was a need more than anything else after a few days in Tucson and the heat almost intolerable. We “are” headed toward Colorado, the high altitudes, the passes we can ride, a space we can find where we will settle for a while. We have been moving around too much, there is balance I feel we have lost and the necessary steps are ahead to regain it. To start with the ability to think, as Muley Point has allowed me to do so. The hottest month of the year it is, it is for us the only solution to maintain composure on this path we are on, up and up. Enjoy the photos...

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 10th, 2011, 6:08 am

5 years of amazing stories and photos.....Thanks for sharing your life with us. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » August 10th, 2011, 6:19 am

iluvk9 wrote:5 years of amazing stories and photos.....Thanks for sharing your life with us. :)
X10 :wave2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby beemerchef » August 16th, 2011, 8:21 am

It habeen a while... sometimes I think about that too... Thank you always for your support and kind words. :)

Beaver Lake, Co.

A picture perfect space and weather and all. Colorado in the summer at higher altitudes is a gem, almost cold at night! As always “Nature” brings on much thoughts unlike this one time World Traveler who told me not to ask myself any questions about Life as it would bring answers and so, more questions. He shall remain nameless. All in such space is in such parallel of mind and body, present times and past memories, some future thoughts, nights and days as all passes on at it's designated speed one moment at the time. We are back in Ouray for one night and back on the road in the morning toward Crested Butte as being there a couple years ago without a chance to really explore it's own spaces. I remember snow throughout those days which I am sure will be melted this month. Spirit as always is having the time of his Life, abundant smells and the cool weather always suit him best. All is well... going down the chosen and sometimes unplanned roads, thinking some and not thinking some but always lots of photos!

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » August 24th, 2011, 5:26 pm

Crested Butte, Lost Lake... more... Co.

The depth of the spaces present have deepened, magic it has been and like floating on those cottonball clouds we witness daily, we are emerging from the bowels of this Journey, time escaping unavailing me to come here and check with my good Friends of this Forum their own ongoing summer. There seem to be always the occasion to post an entry into the Journal as all is written on my phone off line and my photos are moved on also off line with now the help of portable solar power. A couple entries later, here we are again on this pages while physically in and around Lake City, San Cristobal Lake, reminiscing about those past entries when camped at Lost Lake and also visiting more than once Crested Butte, CO. We have been to Colorado before! Why is it only now the repercussions of it's space conductive to my seeking have come forward? Maybe we were not looking deep enough, maybe we were not ready. So many roads, so many dirt roads, lakes, little towns each with their own charm, so much more... and so many photos.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby hugapitbull » August 24th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Love your photos, Ara. Always beautiful.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby beemerchef » August 30th, 2011, 7:19 am

Lake City, Lake San Cristobal, CO.

There is as a medical condition while being on the road, a “malady” I call it. The path of the mind becomes wide open emptying itself from the mundane traffic jams, the imperceptible fills up it's space, the detailed lightly brushed surroundings suddenly become the deepening aspect of what one notices. What I notice anyhow... It is as a different Life takes effect, different values, colors and even smells unlike a path I cannot even remember from the past even if so exposed to it at times while running through towns and cities when such becomes a must.
Amongst all the towns we have gone through, Lake City has taken a forefront seat. So has Lake San Cristobal where we had the good fortune camping high up perched on the cliffs about maybe at the most 15 feet away from the ledge. From the Lake toward Creede and South Fork, all in between, dozens of unpaved roads await each with their own silhouettes of a mountain set as always incredible backgrounds.
It is endless truly, so endless that I think next summer such roads will be seeing us for a few months enticed also by the permanent cool weather present.
The photos for sure have been fun to take...

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » September 9th, 2011, 1:04 pm

We are here and there... NM, CO.

Moving on fast lately. From Colorado to a few “HOT” days at “The Oasis”, back in Tucson and at the present time nearing San Luis Obispo for a few days. Will be dropping to San Diego next week for a few needed nights and finally on back to Texas... I think! The imprints are of many, they are now marked on the map for some return visits when the times will be more leisurely as I will announce soon the reason for all this traveling, which I do not call “living on the road”. Such an incredible diversity this Country offers I realize when such occasion makes us go the miles with a pace we are truly not use to. Yet as I have given us plenty of a head start the days do linger and the many miles in big numbers are not needed. Texas was of an oven turned up on convection, it was one of those rare and actually unique time for us to be there. Like a hammer it dropped on our heads but we made it as we will the rest of this route. We will see the Ocean today, the Beaches, always a soothing time and hopefully some cooler weather.
Los Cruces was a nice stop for us with our Friends. Jake took the time to take us to his favorite own personal space, some desolate BLM Land not too far.
Enjoy the Photos... keep checking the new entries, sometimes the connection are rare and my visits to this Forum becomes difficult.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » September 13th, 2011, 12:17 am

Rocks, Wind and Water... CA

We sure have been moving around a lot lately. October will see us back at “The Oasis”, the weather should be by then cool enough to catch up on projects lingering now for years such as the Book, organizing our Smugmug Gallery and officially opening the “one-pan recipe” e-store maybe even mixed in with some cooking and camping gear well tried and proven to excel over these past years. In the meantime it was San Luis Obispo avoiding Los Angeles, Pismo Beach with a few nights sleeping right on the sand and listening and feeling the magic of the Ocean, now in Davis visiting our Friends before we head South to San Diego for the last leg of this logistical approach of a sponsorship which will be unveiled by the end of this month. An aspect which will facilitate our Journey... We stopped at “Joshua Tree National Park” for more magic under deep gray skies, a bit of rain, all good enough to cool us down and freeze some of the silhouettes present with the camera. Peaceful times, moving right along one day at the time.
Enjoy the photos and all...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com
http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/ Our Photo Gallery in the works...

5th year on the road under the Stars
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » September 20th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Southbound in California...

Sitting in San Diego right now for a few days, more precisely “Chula Vista”, awaiting for this final leg of what I feel a whirlwind passage through California. I still feel as being in a different country! We detoured through Davis for a few days visiting some Dear Friends of ours, we even stopped in Los Angeles, I think it was Sherman Oaks spending then one afternoon in “Venice Beach”, being driven luckily as I don't think we would have made it out of the Freeways in one piece and now here. Back to Tucson in a few days, Show Low and even a stop in Phoenix for a quick repair next week. These days even with much anticipated apprehension have been as chapters playing within this path so different for us and the thought alone of “The Oasis” awaiting for us I must say calms me down. Spirit himself now has been quiet, this also is not his element, what a patient being he has been all along. I think we will manage to go back as we did a few years ago to “Anza Borrego”, catch a Sunset, practice a bit of deep breathing while away from it all even if it is just for one day...
Enjoy the photos, from the Wine Country, Highway #1, Venice Beach and more...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » September 29th, 2011, 8:55 am

“Sherpa”, our new Friend coming to Texas with us...

I can only think good “Karma” when today “Old Faithful” is following behind us toward Texas. An “ECamper” from “Ursa Minor Vehicles” in Chula Vista, CA, on an “all wheel drive” Honda Element, lifted 3 inches by CCM in San Luis Obispo. Feels very strange. Yet, the road beat us up these past years and from point A to point B this will be a shelter, well, maybe “deserved”? Park anywhere and in less than one minute the pillow will find it's place and so will Spirit's cushion and blanket and warmth when needed. Not a permanent fixture, we will mix it up at times continuing with “Old Faithful”, at times as I see snow photos in my mind, with “Sherpa” alone, often the complete convoy!
It is winter approaching and this new Friend is more than welcome. I keep thinking daily positive feelings while planted on this path chosen and one after another the generosity of many does not cease to amaze me. The breakdown not long ago with a list of contributors I have finally started to thank personally, the negative results of a biopsy, and now “Sherpa” opening new horizons of Adventures within a vast array of destinations independent from harsh weathers.
We shall be back at “The Oasis” in a couple of days literally picking up the pieces of our tent that has blown away, did not withstand 100mph+ winds! Did not expect it. I was lazy to put away this monster whose fabric alone weighs 86lbs... Will now put up a smaller one and use the wood stove as a smoker much needed... It always works out.
More on the Journal...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » October 12th, 2011, 7:28 pm

A Birthday filled with “Hope”. TX

This week has not been about riding. A big weight descends always on Lance's Birthday, the mind takes a path always unexpected nourished only from this avenue we embraced 5 years ago. I go back 34 years when my flesh and blood screaming and rambling already in his own ways suddenly appeared, I was not aware at the time he would be such an Old Soul staying around only long enough to give me some of his wisdom and pave today's moments, the present and near past. I today so much realize the Wealth within he has given me. The ability emanating from my own desire to roam and take in Mother Nature's constant offerings, my Buddy Spirit, my constant shadow and immediate support never for one instant failing with his own gifts, my constant growing list of Friends unknown not so long ago showering me with always kind words, support and understanding of maybe this “odd” path we are on and with “hope” that myself am worthy of their time and relationship.
Today is such a special day, I can close my eyes and relive that day past, the one justifiably we call “Birth Day” for now I understand also all of the right reasons. A quiet day. Moment by moment after a Sunrise ride on Aqua Fria Rd yesterday. A beautiful simple Sunrise to celebrate this very special week.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

our new Photo Galleries...

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com

5 years, the Stars, living under them...
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » October 21st, 2011, 8:45 pm

Days of “Paradise”. TX

Romancing the Road surfaces within these present times when the feel and the act of the season changes are imminent. When suddenly there is a table ahead of me and not a handlebar. When I am reading in the darkness of the evening which approaches by the day faster, others past rides, drives, hikes. When the maps are laid out instead of a glance toward a GPS and slowly eyes half closed, head resting on a pillow the imagination runs wild and the questions of if we have been here or there arises to no end. A cold spell was welcome a few days ago, again the heat has come back yet without it's past degrees, however enough to harbor shade with a big welcome. I feel as we are in between costume changes, as the stage is turning around on it's own axis not quiet yet and smooth on gears which makes her hesitate.
“Mariscal Mines” in the Big Bend Park had been calling since last winter. We could not make due with the present road. We end up in the heat of “Terlingua Abaja” instead, a road a bit friendlier. The Sunrise at “Santa Elena Canyon” one morning offered a state of mind unlike any others while within the solitude of the tall rocks. It offered photos I now cherish, the ones which bring me the coolness of that morning. A ride to one of my favorite little town “Alpine” discovering “Murphy Street” which slowly is dressing up in vivacious colors.
The heated gear will be out soon... no doubt, I now feel it throughout every night.
The writing goes on, the photos show up and a couple entries later standing in the middle of this vast one million acre land here we are!

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal
www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » October 31st, 2011, 5:30 pm

These past days at and around “The Oasis”, TX

It is Halloween night... I doubt anyone will find us while out “trick or treating”... Maybe “we” should go there as it seems this year everyone is really going all out for the fun. Maybe a sign of the times trying to put away the daily increasing burdens which too much I think is being written all over the place...
A few rides in Big Bend National Park lately, we love riding those roads, we love being spoken rudely by a Ranger as he even makes a fist branding it back and forth to show me how to restrain Spirit on a leash as he was going to start boxing... and that is without even getting out of his car. I have no clue why “we” have to pay the price almost ruining our moments only because of other irresponsible ones and their Dogs. But, whatever... Smile and go on it was. I only nodded, words were not needed.
It will be the “Day of the Dead” Celebration soon in a couple evenings. Always a special night at Terlingua's “Ghost Town” with many Friends, much food, music and I hope the annual bonfire...
Spending much time trying to fill and put the finishing touches to this “one-pan recipe” store. Everything as in Life takes twice as long as imagined and twice as hard. Should be soon if I was told the codes (???) decide to cooperate. We are so due for some unknown destination once all is settled as the weather has finally turned just right. Perfect I would say.
More photos of the Ghost Town we stopped by last night to witness an incredible Sunset and also Part II of our ride on River Rd last week.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » November 8th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Day of the Dead, 5 Years later. Terlingua. TX

I was under the impression this one being Monday and the thought of loosing one or two calendar days comes to me at the present as the most “worthy” luxury one can posses. For the best, even better, it is “free”. I don't really know if it takes much practice or if I have just fallen into the path, but it is present or as I think it “the present is not”. Another “Day of Dead” has just come and gone also marking our 5 year Anniversary on the road since we left the Georgia/Florida area, strangely enough, having not been back yet. It is only a number, I keep thinking so unimportant truly, yet it has marked a milestone and has woken me up realizing all the lessons such time has taught and the fact that it is grand time to put it all in perspective applying myself better toward this chosen path. It is grand adventures ahead, more than ever even if winter is almost here, present right now actually for many, meaning for us to sit a bit tight and catch up on some logistics better weather does not allow... because, we don't sit still long enough to do so. As always it was the time to see again the locals of Terlingua gathered around food, much chatting but no bonfire this year. Enjoy the photos and the video in this new entry.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » November 12th, 2011, 3:49 pm

All in a detour... TX

Strangely enough one as myself sometimes does not realize what is for grabs right under their nose such as into the spaces we went on for a few days. East and a bit North. Del Rio with it's beautiful “Amistad Lake”, Sabinal with “Nora's Tacos”, “Lost Maples State Park”, “Lone Star Motorcycle Museum” and there would have been more if the weather would have cooperated. Last minute change after a glance at the forecast and I repacked everything on Sherpa's back! Yes, it was strange, did not feel quite right as it will never be as such going down the road with “Old Faithful”, but, having a quick shelter, not needing rain gear per say, having the heater on and listening to my favorites tunes, well, as everything it was a good compromise this time around. Spirit sure enjoyed it... It was more of a need to get away as anything else, it was wanting to feel the wanderlust since we had been here for a couple weeks now only taking on local rides. Once North of Sabinal, passed Utopia, the roads turn into Motorcycle riding Heaven and the next time around it will be “Old Faithful” leading the ride. Plenty of photos... some more Music... the Museum was great! Long Journal entry.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk