Lifelong Journey on the Road with Spirit

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby beemerchef » December 27th, 2007, 8:48 am

Thank you... and love all the avatars!!!... wonder where I should post?

How was your Christmas? TX

We have started to move on today, and besides the border towns in Mexico, hopefully will see Piedras Negras tomorrow, the area does not excite us. We feel back into civilization, and for that reason I think we will take a bit of a Northern route to head East. Maybe Garner State Park… and then on Galveston State Park… Louisiana…
We had a fun day yesterday, specially with Spirit’s Christmas present… He did not quite know what to make of it first, but, as the official tester of the “Spirited Doggie Treatsâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » December 29th, 2007, 10:30 pm

Still uncomfortable taking Spirit across... so i went ahead and spend a few hours there...
Piedras Negras, Mx

As usual we have not kept our word regarding the taken route and are now parked in Luling, Texas. Slowly going East… confronting civilization, loosing ground on the open spaces… deserts… canyons.
We are visiting a friend, Donna, who is also a motorcyclist. This is the start of her own Journey and it has been interesting to watch how others handle the many daily situations that arise.
She researches everything much more than I do. In less than 24 hours I have already found out about “thingsâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 1st, 2008, 11:01 am

A bit of San Antonio, Tx

Another last day of the Year! Our second New Year on the road, in Texas as the last one! Quiet here, but no so quiet when we went to San Antonio for the afternoon with a friend of ours, Donna.
No picture taking allowed inside the Alamo, have no clue as to why… yet. Still, it was interesting and so was the River Walk packed with tourists… night and day situation considering the time we have spend in the Desert. The rehabilitation is hard, I will not hide that fact, on the both of us.
You all have a Happy New Year, wishing you a prosperous and healthy one to come, many more actually… It is always a good time to figure out where we are going and how we are getting there, maybe there is a better way… a better path?
Enjoy the Blog… the last one this year!

Be well… Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » January 1st, 2008, 1:43 pm

Ya'll should have experienced Bandera, Tx ~ love that little town.

Spirit is a beautiful dog, Happy new year to you two.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » January 1st, 2008, 2:14 pm

I love your stories and your pics are fantastic!

What kind of camera do you use?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby beemerchef » January 3rd, 2008, 9:55 am

Thanks! I use a Canon 30D, mainly with a 17~85mm IS lens, a bit of a wide angle. Don't get me started and what I would LOVE to have!!! Maybe someday if I sell enough Art Cards!

And a Happy New Year… Tx

Just Spirit and I celebrating, what better company. He was actually asleep by the time midnight rolled on… food, play, sleep and keeping an eye, most of the time both, on me, are his fulfillments in life. Don’t we wish sometimes…
28 degrees this morning, nice and warm and cozy… just relaxing in the Texas countryside before moving on to Louisiana soon, I don’t really know how soon! I know that we are 400 miles from Baton Rouge and then on another 550 miles to Atlanta… I have already checked out the mileage back to Moab, 1700 miles! With the price of fuel this might be our last chance on the East Coast for a while.
I hope that you all had a great New Year’s Eve. Downtown San Antonio was truly a fun place to be for that evening, specially around the Alamo with the lighted Carriages and also by the River Walk, the actual festivities with bands and much crowd was happening a couple blocks away.
Wishing you all a great prosperous and healthy 2008...
Be well… Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog…
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 4th, 2008, 9:35 pm

Who said BBQ? Texas

Our last day here in Luling before moving on to Booth (southwest of Houston) tomorrow for a few days. We are having a get together on Sunday… come and join us… Let us know as we will be also cooking… bring your dog… you bike… your car… Carl and Collete are the hosts and it has been real nice for them to put this together.
“WEâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 4th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Oh, BBQ! :drool:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 4th, 2008, 10:03 pm

Ara, I love your pics!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » January 4th, 2008, 11:51 pm

THANK YOU for showing my state in it's true form. So many people think it is flat, dusty, barren & ugly and it is anything BUT.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby beemerchef » January 8th, 2008, 10:13 am

We will miss Texas!... and the BBQ... and the people...

A gathering in Booth, Tx

It was a fine day, with fine people and… I think fine food… some days are like that! Just fine!!! The weather cooperated, the spirits where jovial and even though some did not show up… excuses… excuses… it was a good turn out.
Tying up some loose ends these coming days, tires, prescriptions, going over the route planning, you name it! Highway 10 might be our only option to Louisiana… hard to believe that we are actually leaving the State of Texas!
Spirit has been having a blast being off the leash these past couple days, his eyes, leash or not, fixated on me, he does not leave my sight… finally it is happening as it did to my previous dogs… love and patience, that is all it takes. I know what some of you are thinking… I will add that the leash will be back on as we leave here.
Till next time… you all be well…
Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our web site and Blog…
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 10th, 2008, 1:05 pm

Spirit… the Clown! Tx
Pits have an incredible amount of energy to spend everyday, being here has proved it. They are Clowns that love the attention while running… falling… faking moves… Spirit puts up a daily show for us. We will miss this place, him as much as myself, as we will leave tomorrow very early trying to avoid Houston’s traffic on our way to Baton Rouge, Mississippi and finally Atlanta where we should arrive by next Thursday… Schedule! Something foreign for us… we are trying to stay on top of it.
Internet problems have finally been fixed, suck lack of knowledge by Alltel sales people have really made this an expensive repair as damage was done… we never stop learning!
Till next time on the road, you be well… more on the Blog.
Ara & Spirit

Put Spirit to work... "Spirited Doggie Treats" and "Art Cards" made by us on the road...
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby luvmypitties » January 10th, 2008, 1:09 pm

Thats a great picture of Spirit! And i agree all your pictures are wonderful!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby beemerchef » January 13th, 2008, 4:30 pm

Thank you...

Busy… Busy, LA/MS

It is going to take us all day to catch up… making some Treats… printing some Art Cards and getting ready for our last stretch to Atlanta. Moving makes life busy. The George Ranch we visited near Booth, Tx, a couple times these past days was a worth outing for sure, yesterday’s ride with the Louisiana Dual Sport Rider also was a great event and now at Walt’s and Paulette’s in Mississippi, well, brings back some memories as this was our first stop when we left to live on the road. The dogs, chickens, ducks, goats are still all here as Spirit also found out.
We are staying in touch as well as we can… it is all on the Blog, most of it anyhow.
Be well… Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 13th, 2008, 6:39 pm

How fun! How do you make the treats away from home?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby beemerchef » January 16th, 2008, 9:59 am

Check out "treats" on the website... We have a home base in the form of a 23' RV and we explore on the cycle/sidecar. Has an oven...

Moving on, MS

We had the best night sleep at a Truck Stop overnight, can’t figure that one out! Do people live at Truck Stops permanently? They sure are enough of them! Would it do for an interesting Blog? Not really I think!
Great weekend riding with the Dual Sport Riders of Louisiana, familiar faces and some new faces, some black top and some primitive roads. We had it all… including some entertainment! Some duck grilling… at Walt’s and Paulette’s
We will be in Birmingham, AL, by the time you read this, and the next time in Atlanta, exactly where we started 15 months ago.
Of course many thoughts are going through my mind…
I will talk about it later, we need to keep rolling East… in the meantime enjoy the pictures on the Blog…

Be well… Ara & Spirit
Made by us on the road while traveling… “Spirited Doggie Treatsâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 18th, 2008, 10:12 am

Atlanta, GA

Snow last night in Atlanta. We are camped out in Powder Springs at a friend’s office/construction site, with all the comforts needed. Yes, it is a culture shock being here after so many months “out thereâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 20th, 2008, 9:33 am

Cabin fever? Atlanta…

So we rented a car today… I don’t think my 80 year old mother would adventure herself riding in the sidecar… even though I am sure Spirit would be more than a gentleman! Almost headed out for the International Motorcycle show at the Georgia Dome, but, with much snow coming down and freezing forecast, we will wait till tomorrow. Of course it end up raining after the snow and the temps are not as cold as predicted. I guess I wanted to play it safe… relaxed throughout the show without the thought of getting stuck in town. We were suppose to meet some friends there today… there will be another waive of them tomorrow… such is Life!
Spirit shared his sidecar with Scooter yesterday. John’s buddy… and we had a great time taking some pictures. I think we will watch a movie tonight… it has been really nice to relax… and reminisce about the past… looking forward to the future… enjoying the present.
Be well… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 20th, 2008, 9:38 am

That pic of Scooter and Spirit is too cute! They look like they're ready for the open highway!

pitbullmamaliz

Postby beemerchef » January 23rd, 2008, 8:51 am

The Atlanta Cycle Show…

The Show?… well, I liked it as for the first time I saw this kind of show under a different light. Some Art, some function and purpose. Maybe because I have never been prejudiced toward two wheels… and maybe because our own rig has turned into more of a great tool than anything else… Old ones, new ones, restoration and much Art with the custom choppers… hard to believe that one can actually ride them.
My Mother arrived today… it was Airport time with an hour delay, but who does not like people watching! So keep checking the Blog as I keep on writing but might not have as much time posting on here. She is doing great for 80, I hope I am in such great shape when and if I ever get there. Oh! Dr’s check up today… complete stress test… Cardiologist… good to go for a while longer he said.
He is one of the best in the Country, a great Human Being, he knows of our Blog and the fact that I do not have Health Insurance, he never charges me… what a contribution!
Be well… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk