LA Ink's Pixie is starting a Pit Bull rescue

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby demolitionic » January 16th, 2008, 7:44 pm

Hi Everyone!!,
So, as you all know, I love my Cupcake! For those that don’t know, Cupcake is my rescued Pit Bull, who I adore. Because these poor dogs get such a bad rap from society it has been my dream to have my own Pit Bull sanctuary. And especially after visiting Villalobos Rescue Center and having them as guests on LA Ink, it was so sad to see all the homeless dogs that were there by no fault of their own.

So my big news is….I found a place where I can build this dream come true: Pixie’s Pit Bull Paradise is in the works!! It is located in the small town of Agua Dulce (minutes away from Villalobos) and only an hour north of Los Angeles. This will be a sanctuary for all the senior Pit Bulls that have been dumped on the animal shelters. It’s a cute little place with lots of trees and it’s so peaceful up there. It will also be set up for weekend guests to come up and hang with me and the dogs and help me scoop dog poop and take all my little friends for hikes in the mountains!!

But I can’t do it without your help. This is going to take money. Just to build the kennels and housing for the dogs is $25,000. And this is just to get it started. Costs for workers and supplies cost a lot too. Villalobos’ overhead is $15,000 - $20,000 a month! If just every one of my friends donated just a $1 a week until the project is completed, literally hundreds of dogs would be saved. My dream would be upon grand opening, going into the L.A. City Shelters and bail out every single senior Pit Bull and bring them to my paradise. Don’t do this for me, do it for them. I need you guys really bad, but they need you more. Pretty please, with sugar on top? There is a link to donate on my home page, if you can! Or you can send a donation to VILLALOBOS RESCUE CENTER (write ‘Pixies Pitbull Paradise’ in the memo section) PO Box 1544, Canyon Country, CA 91386.

Be sure to make VILLALOBOS PITBULL RESCUE (my top friend) your friend too, until Pit Bull Paradise is up and running, we can hang out with Tia’s dogs!

Xoxo
Pixie & Cupcake

myspace.com/cupcakeandpix
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby The Diesel » January 17th, 2008, 3:02 pm

That is awesome, they always have dogs on the show and i get excited every time i see one. Theyre are always different dogs too. There is one dog thought that i think belongs to Kat that almost looks like Patch o pits ' Patch.
The Diesel
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Magnolia618 » January 17th, 2008, 3:50 pm

I *heart* Pixie!
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby demolitionic » January 17th, 2008, 7:01 pm

The spotted one is Cupcake, Pixie's rescue. Kat has a hairless cat named Ludwig. :?
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 19th, 2008, 8:27 am

Yay that's awesome!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Robin B » January 19th, 2008, 9:31 am

this will be great for Pits who need this.

8) I look like :D after reading about Pixie’s Pit Bull Paradise
Robin B
Confident Young Bully

Postby Dakota Spirit » January 19th, 2008, 8:58 pm

I don't watch LA Ink, so I have no idea who Pixie is but if she's starting up an APBT rescue (especially if she plans to take in seniors) then more power to 'er. :thumbsup:
Dakota Spirit
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » January 19th, 2008, 9:33 pm

I knew I liked that girl for a reason.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby mnp13 » April 28th, 2012, 8:59 pm

So, we've been watching this on NetFlix, and saw the episode where Pixie visited Villalobos. Earlier in the show, she has a discussion with someone about whether dog aggression is part of the genetic makeup of the dogs. She asked the owner of Villalobos when she was there, and they muted out the response. Anyone know what she actually answered???
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 2nd, 2012, 8:49 pm

I believe Tia feels it is inherently in the breed. A lot of rescuers dislike her for that. That's one of the few things about her that I DO like.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » May 4th, 2012, 8:21 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I believe Tia feels it is inherently in the breed. A lot of rescuers dislike her for that. That's one of the few things about her that I DO like.

Ugh. Why is that such a source of denial for so many people who otherwise are knowledgeable about the breed?

That "it's all in how you raise them" crap is so detrimental to those of us who have dog aggressive dogs who are just dog aggressive. NO, I didn't abuse my dog. He was not a "bait dog". He was not neglected, beaten, starved, fed gun powder, trained to fight or anything else.

He is dog aggressive because he is genetically wired to be dog aggressive. He looks for opportunities to fight with other dogs, and does it happily. He is controlled with training, and has never injured another dog as long as I have owned him.

Can dog aggression come from many sources? Yes, of course, but not all of them involve "how you raise them."
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » May 4th, 2012, 9:21 pm

yep and yep.
I have one of those; extremely dog savvy and yet sometimes, the prey drive just kicks in and its like he can't help himself. He is also controlled through training and management. He was socialized with several other dogs from a young age and at just a few months old it just "showed up" - one day he decided he would like to grab on to another dog as it ran by.
Sometimes its how they're raised, and sometimes, what keeps them from being aggressive, is the person at the other end of the leash!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 6th, 2012, 7:49 am

mnp13 wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:He is controlled with training, and has never injured another dog as long as I have owned him.

Inara remembers differently. :wink:

But yeah, that's always a pet peeve of mine with the whole "it's all how you raise them." Too many people say, "they've been bred as family pets for so long that dog aggression has been bred out. I know we've talked about it on here before and Michelle, I think it was you who said it best: "just because you're not actively breeding FOR dog aggression doesn't mean it's actually being bred AGAINST."
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » May 6th, 2012, 5:12 pm

Uzi is from show lines. And yet.
In his case, my bet is the his breeder simply didn't find that they needed to breed it out.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » May 7th, 2012, 8:56 pm

lol I mean injured - you know like, needing to see the vet or at least needing antibiotics...

Just like when someone says "I got attacked by a dog" and they have a bruise or two. Doesn't mean the dog didn't connect, but if it wanted to remove your arm it would have. Ya know?

:)

But yeah, he gave her beauty mark - though I think Ruby did worse over those treats.

He's put plenty of holes in Ruby, and she's put plenty in him because she's a bitch around food and he thinks she should share. And they BOTH love to steal stuff! freekin jerks...

So, I shall ammend my posts - he has never been in a dog fight since I have had him (and non that I know of before I had him) but he has gotten in the occasional spat with no serious consequences.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Pit Bull Talk