Wish me and rufus luck

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Romanwild » January 13th, 2006, 8:35 pm

We will be atempting it in Feb BUT it woulds't have made any difference.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 13th, 2006, 9:10 pm

Maryellen wrote:we just got back. Rufus did EXCELLENT.. he had 20 children read to him..we were there for an hour and a half.. the woman took pictures as i think they have a website.. at the end all the kids came and hugged him and say thank you.... it was very very enriching today..

Of course he did!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CinderDee » January 13th, 2006, 11:40 pm

WTG, ME & Rufus! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Emi » January 13th, 2006, 11:55 pm

Good going Rufus and Maryellen :goodStuff:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 17th, 2006, 3:51 pm

just found out that i can bring my camera to the school reading program, as all the kids have signed waivers, so i can take pics of rufus and the kids and post them up here..!!! woohoooo!!! the woman who runs it told me that the teachers all said rufus was very well behaved, andthey all loved him . the kids thought he was great.. i cant wait to go back next month.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby ammitnme » January 19th, 2006, 8:31 am

Did you get any pictures?
You know I am allllll about positive press for my education packet.... :wink:
I have two Rotties and one bully featured so far...hint, hint all...
Leisa
(a shameless beggar)
ammitnme
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » January 19th, 2006, 9:07 am

stupid me forgot my camera:( i am waiting for the school web woman who took pictures to email them to me that she took.. once i get them i will email them to you:)
Maryellen
I live here

Postby panda » January 19th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Maryellen wrote:we just got back. Rufus did EXCELLENT.. he had 20 children read to him..we were there for an hour and a half.. the woman took pictures as i think they have a website.. at the end all the kids came and hugged him and say thank you.... it was very very enriching today..

Yay for Rufus and you too, ME. :clap: :goodStuff:

There was never a doubt :wink:
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullpride » January 19th, 2006, 6:38 pm

YAY RUFUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
pitbullpride
Just Whelped

Postby Judy » January 22nd, 2006, 8:33 pm

That is such positive press...great job!
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 23rd, 2006, 6:21 pm

Romanwild wrote:I'm really glad it went so well! Score another for the pit bulls!

I just tried to get Dreyfus into the teen center and they said NO. They already o.k.d me for a bite prevention talk but won't let dogs in?

Way to go Maryellen!
That stinks! How rude :x Keep checking around the public library also has paws for reading programs, I bet you find a great place to take the dogs
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2006, 10:20 pm

That is awesome! I always thought I would do something like that when I got a dog, and now I have a Greyhound who would rather ignore people outside of the house than sit with kids and be read to. He would just cry the whole time. LOL!

My roommate does the READ program with her Rottie. I hope to get a pup to do it with. I just love hearing that a pit is out in public, doing good. I can't wait to see pictures!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 10:30 pm

he sleeps while they read to him... he is soooo rude... but the kids loved it.. next month i will make sure i bring my camera.. thats why i do it, so that people can see that pits are not what the media makes them out to be..
Maryellen
I live here

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk