Guess who is going to TEXAS?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby demolitionic » December 6th, 2009, 4:05 pm

madremissy wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:I think I know who but I cant be sure. TELL US!!! And WELCOME TO TEJAS GOTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well let's just say Squishy will be able to meet her beau in person. :love3: Amanda, (demolitonic) and I have been friends for a while. We developed a friendship off the board and then she had become very busy with life. I just happened to pm her the other night and checked in. She gave me her support and offered to take Gotty if she could. Then the next day she text me about this family and we talked on the phone for a long time. She had already shown them many pictures of Gotty and knew all about him. They were in love.
So the journey started with that.... :wave2:

They really are a great family. Very dog savvy, very breed savvy. Young, stable couple with a 3 year old who just bought their first home together and have been looking at rescues to adopt the perfect pittie. I think they'll be a great home for Gotty. She babysits my Squish when I need a sitter and is one of the only people I trust to keep my girl.

If I could have another dog, I'd have snatched up Gooberhead already, but I think he'll be really happy where he's going :dance:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby pocketpit » December 7th, 2009, 3:01 pm

That's fantastic news :D
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » December 8th, 2009, 10:39 pm

Travel arrangements have been set. I am leaving early Tuesday morning to got to Biloxi, MS. Rented a car and I talked Travis into letting me and Gotty go by ourselves. I had to promise if I got tired or had trouble with my eyes, I am supposed to stop and get hotel room. So Belinda, Wesely and Grant will have a new family member join them for Christmas morning. :D
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby hugapitbull » December 8th, 2009, 10:54 pm

That is too cool. Did you change the meeting from New Orleans to Biloxi?
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby madremissy » December 8th, 2009, 11:31 pm

hugapitbull wrote:That is too cool. Did you change the meeting from New Orleans to Biloxi?

Yes because halfway is really Biloxi and they were willing to drive into Biloxi so I wouldn't have to drive into New Orleans.

6 hours for me and 6 hours for them.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Malli » December 9th, 2009, 3:27 am

yay Gotty! :)

Missy, its so wonderful that you are really going the extra mile for him :hug3:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » December 9th, 2009, 6:51 am

Giving Gotti to them so they can have Christmas together is just the kindest gesture. Leave it to you to always do for others. :hug3:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Choncho » December 12th, 2009, 12:34 am

Be careful making that drive. i got my fingers crossed by the lucky fella!

I was just in Biloxi for thanks giving weekend. Its nice down there. Be careful, From where to where are you driving? from where to biloxi? I am In Houston. Dont forget to eat a shrimp poboy while you are there and if possible ask for Edd's Drive in its only few minutes away. Best hamburger joint.
I am working on it.
Choncho
Just Whelped

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk