cool encounter on our walk this morning

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby HappyPuppy » May 7th, 2010, 11:20 am

So, we are out walking this morning and a wobbly grandma-type with 2 little mixed bred foofy dogs was walking on the other side of the street with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth (remind me how bad that looks when I do it, will ya?) - and we say good morning. She says, 'oh, what a cute dog you have - is that a Staffordshire Terrier?' OMG!!! I was blown away! My first reply was, 'Good for you - knowing your dog breeds!' And then I said, 'well, she's a pound puppy but I believe she is half American Staffordshire Terrier...' Even tho Ruby is a mutt, I'm sure she is more 'pit bull' than 'staff' - I just left it at that = close enough. I just thought it was soo cool that this wobbly grandma type was so on the ball about a 'breed' that so many, esp. grandma types, hate or don't even know about. :D
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby Jodi » May 12th, 2010, 8:07 am

"Wobbly grandma" = :giggle:

That is cool. Every once in a while you get a pleasant surprise, you know? My husband's grandpa is 94 and everytime he sees our dog or my brother's dog he remarks about how wonderful pit bulls are. And he says, "it's the owners you know, who turn them into bad dogs. They are great family pets."

He is wonderful :)
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » May 12th, 2010, 8:17 am

Cute! :)
Score and I visit a nursing home...and they always comment on how nice he is...and tell me all about their BIG dogs back home...boxers, great danes, pit bulls...lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Pit Bull Talk