someone tried to steal my puppy yesterday

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby mrs1two » May 25th, 2010, 8:46 am

This can piggyback on my last post about them attracting ignorance. But one of those like ignorant bastards tried to steal Riley yesterday. Riley is a gorgeous dog. They love his face resembles a boxer, he his the pit shoulders and brindle coat. Well after his bath with the hose (it was pushing 90 and we are getting him used to the idea of water) mike left him on the porch to dry off in the sun and chew on his toy whe he cleaned the accident out of his cage. Well we hear whistling, like you whistle to a dog to get their attention. So we look out the window and there is this bastard at my gate with his hands on the latch whistling at the puppy to get him to come. We opened the door and he ran back to his other trashy friend. I was like, michael this is why we can't leave him out by himself. It would have been an ugly seen if my husband would have caught him with his dog in his hands.
mrs1two
Just Whelped

Postby PetieMarie22 » May 25th, 2010, 9:36 am

When I lived in the city and walked Petie, I would carry pepper spray. There was a house across the street from me where a lot of fancy cars would pull in and out on a frequent basis. I was approached a couple of times by some shady characters and asked where I got her from, if I was breeding her, if I would sell her!!! I know where she was going if they got her from me, so I always "packed". They would need to take her over my dead body! My backyard was all driveway, so I had to walk her down the street to potty. So glad to be out of that neighborhood!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » May 25th, 2010, 11:41 am

mrs1two wrote:This can piggyback on my last post about them attracting ignorance. But one of those like ignorant bastards tried to steal Riley yesterday. Riley is a gorgeous dog. They love his face resembles a boxer, he his the pit shoulders and brindle coat. Well after his bath with the hose (it was pushing 90 and we are getting him used to the idea of water) mike left him on the porch to dry off in the sun and chew on his toy whe he cleaned the accident out of his cage. Well we hear whistling, like you whistle to a dog to get their attention. So we look out the window and there is this bastard at my gate with his hands on the latch whistling at the puppy to get him to come. We opened the door and he ran back to his other trashy friend. I was like, michael this is why we can't leave him out by himself. It would have been an ugly seen if my husband would have caught him with his dog in his hands.

:o :cuss: :o :cuss:
:mad2: :nono: :mad2: :nono:

Sadly, you're right. Never leave him unattended..........just one more example of how some people make it easy to chose animals over humans .
:nono:

I'm so glad you happen to hear the crummy SOB .......Just in Time, too....
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby furever_pit » May 25th, 2010, 12:23 pm

Wow! Scary!!
I am so glad that you heard him whistling.
I would kill someone if they tried to steal my dog.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » May 25th, 2010, 12:37 pm

Ugh... that's why my yard and porch are fenced/gated like Ft. Knox, and I actually have bells on all gates so I can hear if someone tries to come in my yard.
Even though the boys are neutered I get the "breeding offer" once in a while... it seems some people are totally oblivious to the fact that those missing parts are vital for reproduction... :rolleyes2: lol
Yup - over my dead body is someone going to take my dogs. I can definitely promise ugliness. >( :mad2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitsnok » May 25th, 2010, 1:56 pm

I am always so paranoid about someone stealing the dogs. I go back and forth between whether it's good for people to know we have them, and be afraid to enter the house...or it's bad for people to know we have them because they are going to come in and take them away!

I am so glad you guys heard that dumb guy!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 25th, 2010, 2:46 pm

I recently moved into city limits so the neighborhood is, um, lacking in some areas. I was walking Inara last night and 4 teenage thuglets were eyeballing her as we walked by, then two of them started following us. I made a couple turns and they followed still. I turned down one more street and was ready to subtly call the police if they turned and followed me again, but they apparently figured out I was onto them because they didn't follow me. Little bastards would have had anothing thing coming if they'd tried to take her from me. I'll probably start carrying my Glock on our walks - it has to be concealed but it's still an obvious bulge.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pitsnok » May 25th, 2010, 3:14 pm

I would definitely carry if I could in a situation like that, Liz. We have a few 'thuglets' as you put it ( :giggle: ) and whenever we walk the dogs we always get, "DAAAAAAANG I'm stayin away those are some pit bulllls! OH OH Look at those muscles!! DAAAAAANG"... it's always really uncomfortable because I don't know whether to laugh, and acknowledge the kids, or ignore them. (they are only like... 10).
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mrs1two » May 25th, 2010, 4:30 pm

The fools in my neighborhood are stupid enough to steal him and would also be stupid enough to walk him in my neighborhood still. Wait until he gets chipped...
mrs1two
Just Whelped

Postby demolitionic » May 29th, 2010, 8:36 pm

I would destroy anyone trying to take my dog. De. Stroy. Words have not yet been invented for the pain.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 12th, 2010, 9:56 am

I hope you called the cops...
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Pit Bull Talk