Help Please! - Terrible Press

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Vertigo » November 22nd, 2010, 3:55 am

Hey guys,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sorry I've been away for a while. Just busy with relocating and work. Montgomery and I are doing great... he's fat and happy and snoring up a storm next to me as I write this.

A local news station has really gone overboard it must have been a slow news day so they decided to pick on pitty bulls. Terrible photo and a stupid article. Can we get some proper comments up on this thing please?

Aritle Name: Vicious or vilified? Debate rages over pit bulls
...nice photo right? Looks like they aren't really asking.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/109770109.html
alex gilman
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » November 22nd, 2010, 6:52 am

Geez...great photo. Even my cat would look mean in a pose like that with a chain around his neck.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Suzi » November 22nd, 2010, 10:25 am

I watched that story......I puked in my mouth.
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby PetieMarie22 » November 22nd, 2010, 11:03 am

I definatly got a bit of anti-pit bull tone from the author.
And that picture - :o :shock:
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » November 22nd, 2010, 11:14 am

I don't think the article is so bad but from the comments it sounds like the news segment was horrible and filled with nothing but pictures of aggressive dogs and seemed to be very biased. The article makes some really good points and admits, without saying so, that breed bans don't work. The Pit Bull debate is a never ending one. It's not going to go away until people quit over breeding them. In the 70's it was Shepherds and in the 90's it was Rottweilers.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Vertigo » November 22nd, 2010, 1:37 pm

plebayo wrote:I don't think the article is so bad but from the comments it sounds like the news segment was horrible and filled with nothing but pictures of aggressive dogs and seemed to be very biased. The article makes some really good points and admits, without saying so, that breed bans don't work. The Pit Bull debate is a never ending one. It's not going to go away until people quit over breeding them. In the 70's it was Shepherds and in the 90's it was Rottweilers.

Maybe in 2011 it can be those annoying yelping dogs that bite your thumb when you try to st on the sofa because their owners think they're little and cute so they don't need any obedience training.
alex gilman
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk