UGHHH!!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby furever_pit » December 16th, 2010, 8:45 pm

People are freaking stupid.
And they want me to help them clean up their mess. So irritating.

This guy I know just called me because his new gf or whatever has some "lowrider pit" x lab puppies that she needs to get rid of. He just wants to know if I know anyone who wants one for $100. The kicker is that this girl bred her two dogs knowing full well that she had to be out of her house and now she's looking at having to drop off the puppies and the momma at the shelter.

So irresponsible. So stupid. Makes me want to smack someone.

I don't know. Guess I just needed to vent.

I'm trying to figure out how I can help the dogs and also teach the owner a lesson.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 16th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Ugh is right. People suck. :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby plebayo » December 17th, 2010, 1:00 am

I'm trying to figure out how I can help the dogs and also teach the owner a lesson.

In my experience people like this never learn. This won't be the last time something like this happens for this person I'm sure.

It's definitely frustrating.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby furever_pit » December 17th, 2010, 1:32 am

So what do I do?
I can't take the dogs in myself because I am movIng. It would just be too much. The chick with the dogs is flat broke so I'm not sure what kind of surrender fee I couldget for an adoption place.

I am open to suggestions for sure.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » December 17th, 2010, 6:54 am

I would first suggest his "adoption fee" for a mutt is lowered or eliminated. I know the theory is people care more when they pay a towards a fee, but you said they are mixes. I don't think Pit/Labs are designer dogs, but I may be wrong. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby furever_pit » December 17th, 2010, 4:36 pm

She's willing to let the pups go for whatever she can get. She wants to get rid of them all before she has to drop them at the shelter and pay the surrender fee.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby dlynne1123 » December 18th, 2010, 9:10 am

Well I don't know where you are located but up here in maine puppies go quick at shelters. It's poor mom I'd be worried about. Maybe if you explain to the shelter the drastic measures she may take and they will let her relinquish the dogs fir free. Anonymous complaint for the safety of the dogs. Easy way for her I know but shell have to thru the embarrassment. And the pups will be evaluated and placed accordingly.
Ryder - Rescue APBT
Panser on a Roll - APBT (American Bully?)
Gretchen - the red headed cat that thinks shes a dog
Prudence - the new cat on the block to put the dogs in their place!
Punchlines Better Than Lojac - APBT (RIP)
dlynne1123
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby FAB dogs » December 18th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Not sure what the shelters are like in your area, but the shelter I work at will sometimes waive the surrender fee for litters provided the owner get mom spayed within 30 days. That way we can make sure the pups are adopted into the right homes and the mandatory spay/neuter of the adopted dogs is completed.

If they dont' get mom spayed in the required time frame, then they get hit with the surrender fee and a fine for not having a breeding permit (which is required in town). We also provide them with information on the low cost s/n clinic we use and strongly recommend it since they pick up and drop off at the shelter so we can confirm the surgery is done. In most cases, we only know about the litter because a kind person reports the situation to the shelter in the first place. Maybe her local shelter would be willing to work with her in that way?
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby furever_pit » December 19th, 2010, 12:16 pm

Neither the guy or girl will return my phone calls.
Prob means they got rid of the dogs.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk