I just saw a man walking a two legged pit bull

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby BullyLady » January 3rd, 2011, 11:15 pm

All the residential streets are totally iced over so the dog was dragging its heiney along propelled by his two front legs. He was wagging his tail and clearly thrilled to be out as they stopped for a break in front of my house and the owner patted him on the head and told him he was a good boy.

We are quite late (I'm posting from my phone) and rushing out of the house otherwise I would have talked to him. I'll probably never see them again.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby pitsnok » January 4th, 2011, 2:23 am

i hope you do!!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hugapitbull » January 4th, 2011, 6:45 am

If you see him again, you might mention they make wheel chairs that would keep his butt off the cold ground :shock:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby amazincc » January 4th, 2011, 7:09 am

hugapitbull wrote:If you see him again, you might mention they make wheel chairs that would keep his butt off the cold ground :shock:

Ugh... I agree. :neutral:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » January 4th, 2011, 4:03 pm

amazincc wrote:
hugapitbull wrote:If you see him again, you might mention they make wheel chairs that would keep his butt off the cold ground :shock:

Ugh... I agree. :neutral:

Me too.... you will notice any lack of definite emotion in the post, I'm [i]still[\i] not sure how I feel about what I saw. I mean... the dog was so happy and the owner seemed so devoted, but I think even my tool challenged self could make a cart that would work for that dog. I live in a poor area of town, I'm sure he can't afford a premade cart, he didn't even have a coat, but it wouldn't be hard to make
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby hugapitbull » January 4th, 2011, 8:43 pm

You are right, it shouldn't be to difficult to come up with something that would work. I've looked at the carts and they really don't look that complex. I have mixed feelings too. It is great that the dog is happy, but geez, does it really have a quality of life? Hard call. Possibly only the owner can answer.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby AllAmericanPUP » January 5th, 2011, 3:22 pm

There are companies that will donate wheelchairs to people of low income, maybe you could look one up just in case you do see the guy? I know i came across a couple when i was looking at wheelchairs when i didn't think ozzy would walk again.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Return to Pit Bull Talk