It was bound to happen...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby amalie79 » May 5th, 2011, 2:49 pm

I got my first request from a stranger to breed Robin. :nono:

I got a random message from a stranger on Facebook (we have mutual friends apparently) who wanted to know if the dog in my pic was male or female...I asked why and he said, "I have a male dog that looks like it. I've been lookin to breed him, not for fighting or anything stupid, just to have a couple more puppies for me n my fam. Sry if this is weird."

I explained that my dog is fixed and I'm not into breeding seeing as how there are so many pits needing good homes, but that I'd keep him in mind if I hear about rescue puppies looking for homes. Knowing he wants to breed, I'd probably never actually tell him about puppies needing adoption, but if he ever changed his mind about it... who knows. Anyway, people are nuts.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby amalie79 » May 5th, 2011, 8:30 pm

lol He responded:

"Bet. Look at my dog n my pics n you will c why I wanted to breed w yours. I love Pitts mine is so smart n loving. They really get a bad rap in the press n the stigmata they carry. Sry if I was weird."

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » May 6th, 2011, 6:07 am

Some people that come into our lives are just "simple". 8) I am reading his question and reply as one of those. Ignorance is probably another one of his traits. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby turtle » May 8th, 2011, 11:11 am

Now I am not on FaceBook but maybe this could be an opportunity to educate this fellow about how many pit bulls need good homes...?

We all have to start somewhere and maybe this is his first pit bull and he knows little about the breed and it's current problems but he loves his dog and thinks it is a good thing to breed him and have more like him....

Maybe he has no idea of how many pit bulls are stuck in shelters and in rescue that are good dogs in their own right who need a home.

Maybe send him some links about this, such as from Bad Rap and Pit Bull Rescue Central?

Just a thought...
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby amalie79 » May 8th, 2011, 11:40 am

I agree completely-- when I responded I was not nasty or as holier than thou as I probably came across in this post. I talked about the fact that there are so many pits in shelters who are wonderful and smart and would make great pets. If he and I correspond again, I'll probably direct him to Bad Rap- that's a really good idea.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk